What have your experiences been using VaxYes QR code to verify vaccination status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but Turkish Airlines has to accept the thing on my phone before we board in Hurghada (or maybe just for the connecting flight in Istanbul to JFK?) But it sounds like this is common practice, which is good to know.

We arrived last Saturday, no one on the Swiss departure side asked for proof, nor on the Egyptian side, we did not have to fill in any medical declaration on the plane either , we then simply got our visas at the airport upon arival and passed through customs, it look less than 5 minutes after unboarding, the airport was very quiet. We had taken the time to ensure that all our papers were in order before going but at the end of the day they were not needed.

We are staying at the Hilton , near Marsa Alam, same thing, no one questions or requests anything, the staff wear maks, most of the times in the dining areas but that's it.. They sometimes scan your temperature on arrival for lunch/dinner but that's i.

We've done some reef diving from the shore diving , not a mask in site, anywhere :)
We will be on a LOB , from this afternoon, I presume that there will no masks anywhere either.

This is only our experience so I can't garauntee it will be the same for everyone but none of the others guests that we have spoken to have ever mentioned any formalities regarding vaccination.

Back
Top Bottom