Trip Report MY Ghazala Explorer and north Red Sea, Hurghada to Straits of Tiran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am looking at going in April on the North - (Tiran & Dahab) itinerary. Do you think the upper deck cabins are worth the extra $100? Was there more than one exit from the lower deck cabins? And, did the boat have an analyzer available to check after each fill?
It's tough to measure things in monetary value considering each person's whims and fancies differ. I did notice a few advantages of booking the upper deck cabins:

• You can tie off your swim outfit or shorts on the railings for quicker drying because of good sun and wind exposure.
  • Windows instead of portholes for a nice view of the sea and surroundings.
  • Less engine noise. I was in the lower deck (cabin #5) two cabins removed from the engine room so the noise didn't bother me, but the noise may be a bother for those who book lower cabins towards the stern.
  • Fresher air. The bathroom in my lower deck cabin always had an odor from being damp all the time. I aired things out by leaving the bathroom door open and my cabin door open and when possible the porthole open. The bathroom was quite roomy with shower at one end, sink in the middle, toilet at the other end. I attached some pics.
The lower deck cabins had two exits: the main stairs and the one emergency exit through the suite located at the bow. The boat provided two analyzers to check nitrox fills.

Attachments

• 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back