What fins should I get? HELP PLEASE!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Roberto,

Any of the above would be good - since you are replacing an older set of fins you should know by now that they all do pretty much the same thing. However, I would advise that try and get something with a spring strap or atleast a fin that you could purchase a spring strap for later on.

Out of the ones you have mentioned I would go for scuba pro twin jets? Why - because I like how they look
icon_biggrin.gif
. That is a good enough reason.

They all essentially do the same thing - so either pick something that you visually like or something that you pocket would prefer ($$$)

good luck - let us know which one you went for and why.

I use Scubapro seawing novas, and therefore they are the best! simple. They are light and flexible but powerful. I have tried the oceanic ones they are ok, I had hollis F1 ok too and some volo power. The Scubapro ones win everytime for me as they are so comfortable and I get no fatigue in my legs. As all have said before, you need to try a few to make an informed decision.

Ah yes, fin opinions, pretty personal items, lots of opinions, try many if you can and then decide. I own Cressi Frogs (like them), Oceanic Vipers (like them), Scuba Pro Jet fin Revos (did like them but then went off them), Hollis F2s( no comment as yet, still trying to get some springs that fit), and just recently purchased some Seawing Gorillas(like them a lot). Depends on where Im diving and the conditions as to what fins I wear. I tried splits but not for long enough to make a meaningful comment, I will say I wasn't wowed by them by first impressions but accept there is probably an adjustment period. Quattros seem like a pretty good fin, lots of good reports, Ill likely buy a pair one day to try. Good luck with your search.

FWIW Im a pretty small guy at 5'7 (I think) and pretty slim on it too, with circus feet, tiny that is not clown-esque.

Hopefully he's long since decided sometime in the last 6 years

Hopefully he's long since decided sometime in the last 6 years
I thought I was the only who responded to ancient threads...

My 2 cents worth was I like flat ones that hook onto my feet!
:acclaim:

Back
Top Bottom