Fins for big foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M3sek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I stupidly lost a pair of scubapro seawing gorilla XL fins that I need to replace.

Since I almost only do frogkick, I was planning to adapt my equipment accordingly and go for more tek-oriented fins but I'm 6' 7" and my boots are 48 europe (i guess it's 13,5 / 14 US, i use heavyduty dive boot 6,5 from scubapro in 4XL) and it's a bit of a hassle to find fins suitable. I only use a waterproof SD combat for cold waters dive and haven't plan to buy a drysuit in a close futur (maybe when i'll get older ^^). The footpocket of the seawing gorilla was fine to me but these fins were also quit buoyant.

I already tried mares avanti quattro +, but i found the footpocket too small and i didn't like the sensation during the dive. For freediving, i use full foot fins mares avanti quattro power but they are huge. Apart from my mares i've never tried negative buoyancy fins.

I read a lot of thread speaking great about deep 6 eddy but we can't found them in Europe :'(.

I was looking at the tecline lightjet but it seems of what i read that the foot pocket is not that big even in XL size.

Do you have any advice on any fins that could be nice and suitable (S-Tek from scubapro / apeks RK3 / .... ) ?

Thanks a lot !

If you want heavier fins with a foot pocket that will fit you try Zeagle Recon, if you want fins slightly heavier than the Nova then try the S tek but if you liked the nova’s try the super nova, much better frog kicking fin than the old nova.

Thanks ! I didn't picked the zeagle recon in my list because the xl size was given for 44-46 or 11,5-13, did you tried both supernova and s-tek, the footpocket is supposed to be the same ?

Thanks ! I didn't picked the zeagle recon in my list because the xl size was given for 44-46 or 11,5-13, did you tried both supernova and s-tek, the footpocket is supposed to be the same ?
I have all 3, I wear size 15 shoes, I change the bungee on the SP fins to fit me better and I also use longer spring straps on the Zeagle.

Hello,

I stupidly lost a pair of scubapro seawing gorilla XL fins that I need to replace.

Since I almost only do frogkick, I was planning to adapt my equipment accordingly and go for more tek-oriented fins but I'm 6' 7" and my boots are 48 europe (i guess it's 13,5 / 14 US, i use heavyduty dive boot 6,5 from scubapro in 4XL) and it's a bit of a hassle to find fins suitable. I only use a waterproof SD combat for cold waters dive and haven't plan to buy a drysuit in a close futur (maybe when i'll get older ^^). The footpocket of the seawing gorilla was fine to me but these fins were also quit buoyant.

I already tried mares avanti quattro +, but i found the footpocket too small and i didn't like the sensation during the dive. For freediving, i use full foot fins mares avanti quattro power but they are huge. Apart from my mares i've never tried negative buoyancy fins.

I read a lot of thread speaking great about deep 6 eddy but we can't found them in Europe :'(.

I was looking at the tecline lightjet but it seems of what i read that the foot pocket is not that big even in XL size.

Do you have any advice on any fins that could be nice and suitable (S-Tek from scubapro / apeks RK3 / .... ) ?

Thanks a lot !
i have apek rk3 size XL. i have 13 size foot and use 6 mm boot hard sole. doing fine

Hello,

Thanks a lot !
we ship to europe

If you are wanting negative, the turtles come in very large foot pockets.
If you want neutral, the deep six eddys also come with a massive foot pocket

Many thanks to all of you, i'm complaining with my size and when i read some answer finaly i'm feeling lucky

@lexvil The Zeagle Recon are realy realy hard to find in Europe, i only found 1 website in spain selling them.

Have you tried the Hollis F1 LT ?

The brands of fins that I can easily find are : Aqualung / Apeks / Scubapro / Mares / Hollis / OMS / Beuchat / Tecline

With full foot fins, i'm using (and learn to dive in lake with it...) the bigger size of the Mares Avanti Quattro Power so i'm kinda used to have fins that are a bit heavy & hard for legs.

Thanks again for you time and sharing your experience :).

Many thanks to all of you, i'm complaining with my size and when i read some answer finaly i'm feeling lucky

@lexvil The Zeagle Recon are realy realy hard to find in Europe, i only found 1 website in spain selling them.

Have you tried the Hollis F1 LT ?

The brands of fins that I can easily find are : Aqualung / Apeks / Scubapro / Mares / Hollis / OMS / Beuchat / Tecline

With full foot fins, i'm using (and learn to dive in lake with it...) the bigger size of the Mares Avanti Quattro Power so i'm kinda used to have fins that are a bit heavy & hard for legs.

Thanks again for you time and sharing your experience :).
I tried the F1, kept the springs and tossed the fins. I use the springs on the Zeagle.

@lexvil Many thanks, if you have the choice between the super-nova or the s-tek you would rather go to which one ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom