Exploring the idea of new fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the former SB regulars, Dan Volker, used to recommend highly the open heel versions of DiveR fins. Volker posted about diving deep off Florida, dressed Hogarthian and pushing a full-sized video setup, covering big distances U/W quickly, as he moved around to get to sites where big fish were congregating.

For this type of diving, Dan V felt his DiveR fins were perfect.

rx7diver
Dan also had monster legs from doing a lot of hard cycling and he was in really good shape. The average guy wouldn’t be able to do what Dan does.

I am going to order and try these new fins from Scubapro as soon as I can. I have heard excellent reviews from people who have tried them:

Scubapro Seawing Supernova Fin
I dive SP Seawing gorillas and really like them. I'm also curious about these fins. Also, since they're modular, what would it cost just to get a second foot pocket?... haven't seen any pricing.

Also, since they're modular, what would it cost just to get a second foot pocket?... haven't seen any pricing.

You can get a full foot pocket for it and it is available but you can't get a second open heel strap pocket for it according to Scubapro. I tried to order a second open heel pocket in different size but no go. I know that there is another blade coming that you can swap with the current blade but no open heel pocket. I believe that it would be fantastic to have the option to swap open heel pockets of different sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom