Best full foot fins for current: Atomic SplitFin or Sea Wing Nova?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try a set of Cressi Gara Modular Sprints. Relatively short, lightweight, very powerful, practically indestructible, with some practice they even take a frog-kick/backwards moves decently, and if you want to snorkel/freedive on the same trip, you have all the fins you need in one handy package with a minimum of gear. I believe they work best if you are not too heavy and fairly streamlined (I am about 6‘2“, 145 lbs and dive an 18 lbs Apeks bp/w, travel plate, 1-2lbs lead depending on 4E Thermocline or 5mm Proteus II in the Med and Tropical waters with steel tanks), otherwise I assume you might overload the fins. In that case, Mares Avanti Quattro might work (I have heard great things about SP Go Sport but haven‘t had a chance to check them out). You may have to try them - footpocket fit is highly individual. I have been diving the Gara Sprints for two years without socks and was very comfortable. For warm water, that‘s my favorite set-up currently.

You might want to try a set of Cressi Gara Modular Sprints. Relatively short, lightweight, very powerful, practically indestructible, with some practice they even take a frog-kick/backwards moves decently, and if you want to snorkel/freedive on the same trip, you have all the fins you need in one handy package with a minimum of gear. I believe they work best if you are not too heavy and fairly streamlined (I am about 6‘2“, 145 lbs and dive an 18 lbs Apeks bp/w, travel plate, 1-2lbs lead depending on 4E Thermocline or 5mm Proteus II in the Med and Tropical waters with steel tanks), otherwise I assume you might overload the fins. In that case, Mares Avanti Quattro might work (I have heard great things about SP Go Sport but haven‘t had a chance to check them out). You may have to try them - footpocket fit is highly individual. I have been diving the Gara Sprints for two years without socks and was very comfortable. For warm water, that‘s my favorite set-up currently.
I know that cressi impulse is buoyancy neutral underwater. How about sprint, same neutral?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom