What do you or your lady friends use as BCD and regulators please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks all... I think the lite hawk is the way to go... I may spring for some nice regulators after all they last for ever if maintained... maybe scubapro Mk 25/s555 or Mk 25 s600.

cheers, guy

to all those that dive the black on back... until they see the light we can't help them. :)

I love my backplate and wing for diving and travel. It's important to purchase a small backplate for the petite female. I would shy away from Stainless Steel in the tropics as for some that = overweighting. Halcyon & I believe Oxycheq have size small Aluminum plates.

DSS has several small travel wings, one is 20lbs, the other 17lbs. The Halcyon Eclipse 30lb wing offers excellent quality, stability & ease of dumping gas. All of these are easy to pack, great to dive.

I am not quite as small as your wife but always have trouble finding gear small enough. I am 5'4" and range between 116 and 123 pounds. I have a Zeagle Zena for recreational diving--very simple. no pockets or extra mess, and it is a VEST with zipper rather than a cumberbund with buckles. It is designed for a woman's body--small waist, wider at top. I also have an AquaLung Pearl, but I am NOT impressed with the quality. It is designed for a woman's body too--it is made to fit like a sports bra--flaps cross the chest instead of buckles cutting across it. Aqualung also makes a travel BCD that is light--something like the "Lotus."

If youa re talking about tech diving, I was just given a TINY Halcyon aluminum backplate as a gift. It is extra short since the standard back plate will cut into the lower back/ hip bones of a shorter or narrower person.

Just make sure your wife TRIES on the gear before buying it and MAJORLY IMPORTANT--have her try it on with TANKS attached b/c my biggest problem is that the tanks hit me in the head, especially if I use a BCD with two straps (ie the Zena). If the set up bothers her, she will not dive with it--so buy with care! (Or sell me what she doesn't use cheap!!!) ; )

Let me know if you want more detailed info.

Ariane

PS Let me know if you might be interested in an OSS Trilam dry suit for her b/c it JUST fits me and it would be better for someone a little shorter than me. The neck seal was just redone by Stve Gamble before I ever got to use it--I have NEVER used it but I bought it as a demo model so it is not brand new.

My wife is 5'4" and 120 lbs. Loves her Ladyhawk.

I have a Oceanic Hera bcd which I love but it is heavy. Interesting ideas for a replacement here!

Wife is using a BP/W setup with a steel BP. We'll be moving to DSS kydex plate for her in a couple of months, she'd rather have the weight on her hips then her back. She uses my old Oceanic regs and hasn't had any issues.

Michael

My wife uses a steel Back plate and 1 piece harness. Zeagle weight pockets attach to the back plate. Dive Rite wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom