What do you like to eat for pre-dive and surface interval food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh How I wish I could eat ANY of the things you guys are enjoying! Eggs, Muffins, PB&J, Pineapple (especially pineapple), meat, nutrition bars.... all of which may actually lead to death by seasickness. Even a surface swim from shore gets me hurling. It's just enough dry toast and water for me but no more!

TSandM:
Now, why does this not surprise me? (Memories of Cozumel)
Yeah ... I guess after nine straight days of eating the same thing for breakfast it kind've sticks in your memory ... :eyebrow:

I'm such a creature of habit ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hemlon:
Yum...I don't suppose that you would zip down to Texas and dive with our group? (And bring your food???)

Sure! Let me know when and where!! I am not too far from Austin, would make a good road trip:10: !

Dark Wolf

pre-dive - bonine, chorizo & eggs, beans, habenero peppers in the mix with a couple of tortillas, juice/smoothie/water.

SI - Cliff-bars and water

I usually eat a big bowl of oatmeal with some type of fruit in it...sticks to the ribs. on SI I'm drinking water or gatorade with either some yogart with nuts or apples with peanut butter....of course, a huge bag of double stuffed oreos sound good too.

i usually i eat anything i want. greasy or not. i have a very tough stomache and have never had a problem.....usually though i try to only eat snacks before a dive, like banannas.....keeps the cramps away. ill also drink enough water to make my own lake if i get there and its dried up! :D after the dive its chow time for sure!

I'm still a new diver, but much of my dive-related eating habits are based off my known tendency to get irritable if I skip breakfast and awareness of food that aggravates my tummy...

So breakfast is a definite, even if it's just a bagel or other bread-product. I try to avoid anything too heavy, but I want something in my stomach.

For snacks on SIs I usually have Gatorade and granola bars. The granola tends to get ignored if there's real food around, but it's a good backup if there's no good options or I just want a little something.

As with many others I think avoiding grease and anything likely to irritate one's stomach is a good idea.

Pre-dive I just stay away from eating fatty foods. During the SI nothing beats eating fresh orange segments. Ginger snap cookies are also great if my stomach is a little upset. Hard lemon drop candies work great for getting the salty taste out of your mouth. I also stay away from drinking coffee or any other caffeinated beverages pre-dive. Otherwise I end up spending too much time looking like my avatar!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom