Trip Report Tompotika Dive Resort - December 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh that’s a shame about Weda, i think it’s the same owner as Lembeh Lodge? We liked Lembeh Lodge very much. Do you know why they had to close? I was researching some new places in Sali Bay, Kusu Island Resort, so there are on my list now Tompotika, Triton Bay and Halmahera that I haven’t been that interest me in Indonesia. And Banda.
The places I loved the most so far in Indonesia have been Raja Ampat and Alor. Komodo is great and has a lot of reef mantas but the oceanic are in Raja. And Komodo is becoming way too crowded. So personally I like Alor better than Komodo, less crowded and you see many things you don’t see in Komodo, there are just no mantas in Alor but there are eagle rays, mobula, huge marble rays. So next I need to try Halmahera, Tompotika and Triton Bay.
Hi, this is Rob, owner of Weda Resort. Very unfortunately the Indonesian government decided that large parts of Central Halmahera would be a huge industrial area. This includes nickel mines and related industries. The population increased from 30.000 to 150.000 people. This has devastating effects on the reefs and forest. Magic Bay Rao is not affected by this and the dive conditions are as good as Weda Bay, with better visibility and shorter boat rides. But the season is limited to May - October. As soon as we can afford it we will renovate Magic Bay Rao and open the resort again: Magic Bay Rao, Morotai . For now, my family and I are concentrating on our Divers Lodge Lembeh. We are very happy that we have been able to most of the needed renovations the last months and we are fully operational at the moment. Our website is up to date: Experience Lembeh Strait in the best way

I’m confirmed for Tompotika at the end of September to early October. Your review and some word of mouth from friends really motivated me to explore the idea. Thank you again!

I’m going to check out Triton Bay, Halmahera, and Tompotika this year. (Lots of new for me!) I look forward to comparing some of my serial repeat favorites like Komodo, Raja Ampat, and Alor to Tompotika and relative to everything else. I am curious if I will have the same conclusions as @paolobl65.

Back
Top Bottom