What do you like to eat for pre-dive and surface interval food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like a bran muffin or english muffin w/peanut butter for breakfast. The best thing that we've had on all the dive boats including liveaboards for a surface interval are fresh oranges.

For breakfast I usually have granola bars. During a non lunch/dinner SI I'll usually snack on mixed nuts and drink plenty of water. I've found I can't do Gatorade as it puts a bit of a frog in my throat and this bothers me on dives. For lunch and or dinner I usually bring out bratwurst and fajitas. The great thing about those are you can grab some of the fajitas tortilla shells and use them for both instead of buying bread for the brats. I might bring out burgers in the future but haven't done so yet. Basically when I'm out diving I like to grill (those who have dove with me can attest to that).

GA Under Water:
I know how they do it on Oahu, do they serve it in the rhine on Maui?

Yep. Somehow they quarter it, carve it whole on the rhine, and you just poke out pieces.

For breakfast I like 1 pound of bacon, a slice of smoked ham, 6 eggs, hash browns w/ gravy, biscuits, and 2 or 3 hot peppers.

Chile for the surface interval ( with crackers of course, and more peppers).

Just kidding:D !

Honestly, I don't normally eat in the morning. I drink water and Gatorade. During the SI, I might have a ham sandwich and more water. After the 2nd dive, I like to grill a steak, burgers, brats, fish, or whatever I feel like that day.

Dark Wolf

Well....considering the fact that I sometimes get sea-sick ( even on dramine), anything NON-chunky, that will go thru the Reg. easily has my vote. Sorry, gross but honest !!

A typical "diver's breakfast" for me is scrambled eggs with diced ham, peppers and onions (and perhaps a bit of cheese) with a slice of toast or 1/2 bagel and some fruit (mangos or asian pears, usually) ... with coffee, of course. I'll drink a bottle of water or two on the way to the dive site.

Lunch is a sandwich or Cliff bar and a couple bottles of water.

On a multiple dive day, dinner is anything that won't eat me first ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dark Wolf:
For breakfast I like 1 pound of bacon, a slice of smoked ham, 6 eggs, hash browns w/ gravy, biscuits, and 2 or 3 hot peppers.

Chile for the surface interval ( with crackers of course, and more peppers).

Just kidding:D !

Honestly, I don't normally eat in the morning. I drink water and Gatorade. During the SI, I might have a ham sandwich and more water. After the 2nd dive, I like to grill a steak, burgers, brats, fish, or whatever I feel like that day.

Dark Wolf

Yum...I don't suppose that you would zip down to Texas and dive with our group? (And bring your food???)

A typical "diver's breakfast" for me is scrambled eggs with diced ham, peppers and onions (and perhaps a bit of cheese) with a slice of toast or 1/2 bagel and some fruit (mangos or asian pears, usually) ... with coffee, of course.

Now, why does this not surprise me? (Memories of Cozumel)

When I dive the live aboard boats, first morning, no protien, no coffee, maybe tea and a dry bagel. I hate the queazy feeling. Then after my first dive, anything goes. By the third day I clean my plate and any one else's. Some people think I'm one of the people who never get sick. I know I can so I avoid it like the plague. :)

For shore dives, regular breakfast, (usually omlette with anything I have in the house) for the SI I stop at the store's deli. Some pasta salad and some protien like chicken. No problem with the tummy on shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom