What do you like to eat for pre-dive and surface interval food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leah:
What have you found to be the best food to eat prior to getting in the water for the day and during the surface intervals.

I like to drink Gatoraide Rain and have some mandrin oranges during the SI. I am not sure that is the best thing, but I like them and it makes me feel refreshed. And when Reefraff2 joins us at Jocassee, he always brings a spread and cooks a hot meal for us. And let me tell you that boy can cook.

So what have you seasoned salts found to be the best diving food? --- From something simple you can toss into a cooler to a spread??

Really, whatever the resort/hotel is serving for breakfast....In March @ Cozumel, we only had a cup of coffee & orange juice each diving day---left out too early for the 'solid stuff' & was too lazy & cheap to go next (almost)door to McDonald's......We made sure we drank alot of bottled water on the boat before, during & after diving.........BUT, we made up for it @ noon & supper time......

Because it gets so hot here during the summer, my SI foods have to withstand the temperature. So I try to take peanut butter and jelly sanwhiches and fresh fruit.

B: O.J. and TastyKake Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts or Suzie Q's
SI: Italian sub, soda and Milky Way Midnight with a CapriSun chaser
Post-dive: an apple, if no one has gotten seasick during the trip

leah:
What have you found to be the best food to eat prior to getting in the water for the day

I really like the "Diver's Breakfast" at Atlantis Resort (Puerto Galera) - it's a bowl of muesli with half a mango on top. Usually I eat a banana or toast and drink some water.

leah:
and during the surface intervals.

Lots of water. Maybe some pineapple or tangerine. Some tea if it's cold, limeade mixed with a little soda water if it's hot.

I always get a 12" subway club and eat half for breakfast and the other half during the SI.. And most importantly.. No drinking the night before(learned my lesson on that one)..

I eat light before diving. Spices and peppers don't bother me but I avoid milk and sausage/bacon. Hot oatmeal is good. Breakfast burritos (no meat) is good. Cold fruit for surface intervals.

I always have a Gatorade before diving or on the way to the dive site. During surface interval I'll snack on pretty much anything, drink a bunch of water (this usually comes back to haunt me a bit since I dive dry)

I like to eat something simple, like eggs and toast. As I do like coffee, I drink one cup, and at least 3 glasses of water. If I have bananas around (I usually do), a banana as well. Perhaps some yogurt, depending on how hungry I am. When I camp and dive, though, it's usually peanut butter and bread, with fruit.

SI food is usually fruit, or a granola bar (or both), and water. For lunch I tend to eat a sandwich.

Nope, no greasy food here either. As a rule, I stay away from that sort of thing.

Jeremy Bouwman:
drink a bunch of water (this usually comes back to haunt me a bit since I dive dry)

When ya gotta go ya gotta go.. :popcorn:

light breakfast of donuts and tea or pastry. Ritz peanut butter crackers are good as well. for surface interval canned whitemeat chicken and crackers. It does depend on the site though sometimes if a grill is handy then it could be anything from burgers and dogs to steaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom