What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned that although I might wish (and feel) that I were young, perky and fit, on some days my body is of a different opinion. And THIS is the voice to listen to...... (DANG!)

I learned that although I might wish (and feel) that I were young, perky and fit, on some days my body is of a different opinion. And THIS is the voice to listen to...... (DANG!)

You too???? sigh..... :shakehead: When mother talks you should listen.... When the body talks you HAVE to listen:shakehead: (DANG!):depressed:

Boy I hear that! I'm diving doubles, they are wonderful in the water, however it makes we wish for a more youthful body when I'm toting them around on land!! I've found that a two wheel dolly can be a very good friend indeed:wink:. Oh well as is said adapt and overcome.

Yrth

I also learned a couple of things my last dive... even though it was in a fairly shallow spring with my wife's class...

• Your own wetsuit is more comfortable than a rental :D
  • 3mm is plenty for spring diving (for me) :)
  • and my computer is very sensitive to ascent rates (the change in depth from it hanging down to where I would look at it was too quick and it "yelled" at me for ascending too fast! :no: )

Ken

I learned how to trim a steel 120 after diving Alum 80's for so long, Large long heavy tank and it took a bit to get things right. Once I got use to it all was well. Man that is a lot of gas.:D

I learned, hopefully, to listen to that little voice in my head.
I learned, hopefully, to be strong enough to rise above peer pressure
I learned, hopefully, to stick to my training level, no matter everyone else is doing
I learned, hopefully, that taking chances will catch up with you in this environment

I learned, definitely, as an erstwhile consummate risk taker, that the fact I'm now cautious is a good thing.

Of course, a lot of what I learned, was from this board. The information here is second to none. My various training manuals (ok, my two!) are in my bathroom. We both spend a lot of time there. They contain about 0.00001% of the information to be gleaned from this board on any given day.

To the generous souls out there giving amazing advice day in day out - thanks. Nuff said.

I learned [. . .] always remember to check all the seals, the zipper, AND THE DANG INFLATER GIZMO IN THE FRONT.
I learned to show my students during the pre-dive briefing what it looks like when I add air to my drysuit, so that when they see my gloved hand pressing the center of my chest they don't think I'm signaling "low on air." The closest of my deep diving students removed and offered me her second-stage at maybe 65 feet during a free ascent, and I couldn't figure why until we debriefed. We all got a good laugh out of it.

-Bryan

I learned a few things on my last dive.

-I can dive without a BC just fine if I'm weighted right and I wear a dense wetsuit that doesn't crush.

-My doublehose Mistral breathes WAY better than my singlehose Conshelf VI.

-People think you are crazy when you dive without an octopus.

-My 1975 Us Divers atlantis mask leaks to beat the band at depth.

-Having my bubbles exhaust behind my head makes me wonder if I'll ever use my fancy Atomic regulators again besides when I have to through my shop.

I learned that an adult diaper on a long dive is worth of that look from the hot girl behind the counter at the local Safeway.

I learned that although I might wish (and feel) that I were young, perky and fit...... (DANG!)

I know exactly what you mean. My wife wishes the same thing of me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom