What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the PPB on my last dive weekend and my first night dive, I learned a lot about control in the water, now I donŽ´t drop to the bottom, I have better control of the speed and stop before hitting the bottom. I worked on my trim and I notice a big difference. I droped 10 lbs. of lead. I learned fining techniques, frog kick, flutter kick, helicopter turns. And the one thing that surprised me, was how much I love being neutral in complete darkness, I tend to be a little claustrophobic and was worry about my first night dive, but once in the water everything was great and when we did the excersice of looking for lost diverŽ´s light (with my light on the chest) I found myself floating on complete darkness and the feeling was amazing, I love it.

IŽ´m sure IŽ´m forgetting about other things I learned that weekend, but it was a lot of fun and a lot of learning, IŽ´m going to Brazil (Angra dos Reis) this friday for a week of diving IŽ´ll be doing AOW and hopping to dive, learn, practice and have a lot of fun, so I let you know what I learned on this trip when I get back.

I learned that an adult diaper on a long dive is worth of that look from the hot girl behind the counter at the local Safeway.

This is super gnarly, and I give you credit for this! We need to have a beer someday.

Well, my last dive was at an aquarium, :dork2:and I don't like to count those BUT,

I learned that while dressed up as Scuba Santa, the turtles really dig the hair and beard. So much so that one might get tangled up in the communications cord that runs from the AGA mask.:shakehead: And that a turtle thus motivated is a very strong swimmer. And that it is important for the safety diver to untangle the turtle quickly, so that the children are not dis-illusioned by seeing Scuba Santa in a rather...weakend state being towed around by his face!:depressed:

Oh, I also learned that scaring kids when you are Santa is more fun than the ones who really like you!:rofl3:

I will keep it in mind when I began to dive in the local aquarium, well if I pass all the tests and inspections!

This is super gnarly, and I give you credit for this! We need to have a beer someday.

Thanks, now I have the reason to go to Savannah. Me like beer. I do have relatives in Atlanta but never been there.:shocked2:

Don't remove your regulator from your mouth until you are out of the water no matter how shallow it is.

At the end of my last dive I tripped on a big rock in 3 feet of water and fell with my head underwater...and guess what? My buddy asked me if I was OK but he did not realize that I was almost chocking...Eventually I managed to get up on my feet...:shakehead::angrymob:

Last edited:
That when the viz is above average I need to be at least as diligent about navigation, if not more

(It took us 25 minutes to find what we generally consider our starting point from a nav standpoint. It usually takes no more than 5 to get there).

I learned that I'm going to need a second job to satisfy my newly certified daughter's equipment desires.

Ken

I learned that having ten people together for an ice dive makes the whole set-up for the dive easier.

I learned that having ten people together for an ice dive makes the whole set-up for the dive easier.

Come on people....
Ice is God's keep out sign.... that is good enough for me.... people think I am too keen to dive.... compared to you:shakehead: I'm not on the radar!:rofl3::rofl3:

My last dive I learned "exploratory dives" are fun and if in doubt of where "out" is... "up" is sometimes a good option:rofl3: Surface swims are a good way to check out your Cardiovascular fitness..... I am in better shape than I thought:eyebrow:

It was a great dive ....:D I wonder if I can convince anyone to do it again tonight so find out how we missed the channel on our way back:eyebrow:

I learned my new Occy breathes better than my 1 year old reg (same make and model).

I learned that even after a number of drysuit dives, they can still be tricky sometimes....it's still not auto-pilot yet, but hopefully I will continue forward, rather than feeling like I'm taking steps back again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom