What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not out of vanity but because they are very different from one another, when out of the water I usually wear an Omega or a Michelle watch.

My diving watch is a very good and cheap ( I think around $20) Timex... big face, big numbes, easy to switch from mode to mode.

bye
ivan:eek:ut:

Ditto to what sharky001 said

sharky001 once bubbled...
These watches are lifetime investments and will most likely be handed down for generations. When you purchase this watch, you could leave it on your wrist for the rest of your life.

My two tone sub has been an outstanding watch. When I was 5 my next door neighbors had two sons who were really into diving.....1965. They both had Subs and I thought they and their watches were the coolest thing. Said that one day I would have one. Don't know why but it stayed with me. I won't wear another watch again as long as I live. I dont' know where RichLockyer is looking at Rolex's but it must be the most expensive place in town.

Poppy c..k to what RichLockyer said "Ya, but for the price of one Rolex I can buy two new Triathlons every year for 30 years, or a new Luminox every year for 17 years......and not have to worry about someone thinking about cutting my throat for it in Cozumel, Cabo, or for that matter, a construction site in East Los Angeles.
Well... okay, there ARE those who would cut my throat for the Luminox in East LA.The Rolex is a fantastic watch, but it's not for everyone."

Making those comparisons is rediculous. Like saying I can by 3 Ford Taurus' for what you paid for your Lexus. They do the same thing, get you there in the same amount of time, realitively equal fuel economy, they both seat 4, etc., etc., etc.. For those of you who would rather have the three Fords, great. No problem, but don't throw someone under the bus for buying the Lexus and then say, well, there good cars but just not for everyone.

Just my opinion

all4diving

:thumb:

I've got a Timex Expedition with indiglo. It's analog because it can double as a compass (if you know how to use it as such - any analog watch can) It's water resistant to 50M as well as crush and bang resistant, great for me as I tend to 'abuse' my possessions. I've gone through three watchbands with it - my current one - as well as the most recently replaced one - is a woven nylon one backed onto Velcro. Easy on and off, easy to wear on my bare wrist or re-wrap overtop of any size of sleeve.

Question: Any advice on a really cheap depth gauge which will wear like a watch? Or a really cheap watch with depth gauge? (preferably something that could pass for "just a watch" to the uninitiated?)

all4diving once bubbled...
Making those comparisons is rediculous. Like saying I can by 3 Ford Taurus' for what you paid for your Lexus. They do the same thing, get you there in the same amount of time, realitively equal fuel economy, they both seat 4, etc., etc., etc.. For those of you who would rather have the three Fords, great. No problem, but don't throw someone under the bus for buying the Lexus and then say, well, there good cars but just not for everyone.
Like I said... they are great. So is the Lexus (I like to think of my Tundra as the Lexus of light trucks). I can certainly appreciate quality, but like I said, it's not for everyone.

No offense or jealousy towards those who do own them.

One difference though.... 3 Taurus' still won't last as long as one Lexus :D

I wear a St. Moritz. The pretty much exclusively make dive watches. I wear the Titanium Chronograph Li

I wear my Dive Rite Nitek 3 while diving most of the time but I have several watches I wear on land, depending on what I am doing. Normally I just wear a cheap casio dive watch, but I have been looking at the new titanium all black aqualand duplex from citizen. I am still saving for my rolex, but I have started shopping for it. Looks like around $3900 for submariner or $4100 for the Sea dweller. I am probably going to go with the sea dweller, eventually. I like the date on it better.

Brent

sharky001 once bubbled...
In 1998, I was tired of going through watches so I purchased a S/S Rolex Submariner. This watch is EXTREMELY tough and can withstand a great deal of abuse - which I dish out on a daily basis and it still looks great. I didn't buy it to "show off" as one member suggests (of Rolex wearers), but I wanted a watch that was capable of withstanding a lifetime of abuse....These watches are lifetime investments and will most likely be handed down for generations. When you purchase this watch, you could leave it on your wrist for the rest of your life.

I wear a Rolex Submariner for the exact same reasons. I don't buy things to show off. I visited a jeweler in Lucerne, Switzerland, in 1989 and saw a number of Rolexes on display. I decided that day that I wanted one. I've actually got two of them, now, and they really are an investment that will only appreciate in value. I wouldn't trade either of them for anything, and I fully intend to wear mine the rest of my life.

BTW -- my dive watch is a Citizen Hyper Aqualand, but it could just as easily be my Submariner.

I have a selection of watches depending on what I'm doing

Around the house/gym: Casio SportTek
Sailing/Diving: Citizen Prodive Titanium
Work: Raymond Weil
Smart casual: 1948 Rolex Oyster or 1980s Omega Seamaster
Black Tie: Dunhill Millenium or 1920s Antique Longines or 1930s Antique Cartier Tank

The Rolex is my favourite as it is VERY low key unlike the modern ones.

And, no, I'm not made of money, the Rolex, Omega, Longines and Cartier are all inherited. My wife bought me the Dunhill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom