Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never implied that the reason he went to the Perdix was the subscription.

The 100% subscription-specific quote you posted- seemed to provide a context. But hey- emoji…

The 100% subscription-specific quote you posted- seemed to provide a context. But hey- emoji…
OK. You are right. You clearly know what I was thinking more than I do. Here's another. :rolleyes:

I wrote what I wrote. If I wanted it to be about the subscription, I would have said so. However, I wasn't in the poster's head, so wasn't sure what his reasoning was, so I left it at what I wrote. Any further inferences into what I wrote is on the reader, not me.

Confirming the recent update does deal well with surfacing and descending without stopping the dive. Did a shallow dive today and surfaced 3 times to test - you get the ‘press the action button if the dive is over’ message and a countdown timer which disappears when you descend. I also found scrolling through the info screens while diving much better. Previously it felt too fast and it was easy to overshoot but now is more controlled. Might be my imagination.

I use it all the time for fitness tracking but I haven’t been diving with it yet. I took a look online and according to a Harvard Medical School source, scuba diving is at the same energy level as tennis or stationary bike, which seems high to me:

Also, looking online briefly, the question of heart rate tracking during dives seems to be open. Generally, it appears that HR tracking is off during dives, but I also saw claims that if you start a workout, then HR is tracked. I’m looking forward to more definitive information on that.
I've used a chest HR monitor for swimming training for many years now. It holds all the HR information, and when the swim session is over and the Apple watch is unlocked, the data transfers and syncs with the swim data. I'm sure this would work with the AWU, although I'm not sure of the depth restriction with the HR Chest monitor.

For my further experiences with Oceanic+, see the following:

Oceanic+ - A Second Look
Yeah saw that earlier. Sounds a bit frustrating, glad you had a different computer to go with . I’ve had similar issues with syncing but last few dives with latest updates (both app and OS) things have worked ok. Havent had the settings reset though, that’s not good. Will you send in a bug report? The settings reset so you were diving as air not Nitrox is something they should hear about and be concerned about.
Report issue link at the bottom of the FAQ page.

Will you send in a bug report? The settings reset so you were diving as air not Nitrox is something they should hear about and be concerned about.
Report issue link at the bottom of the FAQ page..
I sent an email with a full report, including attachments, to TAC@huishoutdoors.com.

I also did that a couple of times in February when I first experienced a few glitches with the app, but never got a reply or even an aknowledgement. Perhaps they're too busy dealing with bug reports.

If I get a response, I'll post.

I’ve never had a reply from tac@ - it seems to not be monitored.
I’ve had response from sales@ and also more recently from the link I sent above. I\

I’ve never had a reply from tac@ - it seems to not be monitored.
I’ve had response from sales@ and also more recently from the link I sent above. I\
If I don't get at least an acknowledgment in a week, I'll use the form. The problem with the form is that it doesn't really lend itself to reporting multiple issues. And, although it allows attachments, it doesn't incorporate them into the body of your report. It seems awfully tedious to have to complete the form for each separate issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom