Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn watch limited a dive for me. We were at 125’ and someone indicated that there was something “interesting” below me. I chose to ignore what turned out to be a unusual nudi rather than have the watch lock up. Currently it’s a toy because I have two SWs as primaries. Used the free Oceanic one week trial given out at BTS. Works as promised. Millenials on my trip were ‘oohing and aahing’ about it.

I’ll stick to Angry Birds 2 on my Apple stuff and keep my dedicated dive computer for diving.

Hi @tridacna

Did any of the folks who visited the nudi have AWUs and lock them up? Backups?

Where were you diving?
I was the sole AW user. Dive was in Statia. Enjoyed using it but no reason to do so again. I’m prepared to pay a sub for HBO but not for my dive computer. Easy to say I suppose when I have two Terics!

I was the sole AW user. Dive was in Statia. Enjoyed using it but no reason to do so again. I’m prepared to pay a sub for HBO but not for my dive computer. Easy to say I suppose when I have two Terics!
Curious what your, and others' experience was with moving the crown. All the reviews I read/watched called out that it worked great, even with gloves! My experience at depth was that it was really difficult to move it, like it seemed stuck, but then with a lot of effort it would suddenly jump forward a lot.

Wonder if I have a dud or not.

I’ll stick to Angry Birds 2 on my Apple stuff and keep my dedicated dive computer for diving.
Wait....there's an Angry Birds 2? 😁

Curious what your, and others' experience was with moving the crown. All the reviews I read/watched called out that it worked great, even with gloves! My experience at depth was that it was really difficult to move it, like it seemed stuck, but then with a lot of effort it would suddenly jump forward a lot.

Wonder if I have a dud or not.

No problems with my bare fingers. Yours sounds problematic.

First time that so many peeps came over to check out what my dive computer looked like underwater. Lot of curiosity…

You want to pay the subscription price for the Oceanic app? I certainly wouldn’t want to pay that on top of the Watch cost.
No as much of an Apple Fanboy that I am I am going with a Shearwater Perdix 2. I want to go apple but I also want to venture into the technical space some day

[re: subscriptions] In another thread, it appears that he's seen the light

Actually, no. He said he went to the Perdix for a longer-term solution, suitable for tech diving- not a switch due to the Oceanic subscription.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom