What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have worn it everywhere for well over 30 years (if only it could talk!). The only reason it hasn't been lost is if I have to take it off it goes in my pocket (ever sat one down beside the sink & forgot to pick it up? good practice for all jewelry for those of us who travel). When I started diving (35+years ago w/ some dry spells) you spotted other divers by their submariners since before the yuppy hijack it was nearly fool proof ID. I nearly lost it once underwater when the link attached directly to the watch opened up. I must have felt the weight release because I made an instinctive grab and caught it. Now I tuck it under my wetsuit sleeve and also inspect links for damage. If I was smart I'd go to a velcro band which will retain a watch w/ just one of the two main pins intact. The original reason to own was that for deco purposes you did not want your watch to fail. Now with computers it is a nearly moot point--I usually forget to set the bezel. Overhaul now costs more than I paid for the watch. It's an old friend. If lost I doubt I'd get another.

My parents gave me a Omega Seamaster for a graduation present 2 years ago. I wear it almost every day, but when i don't, I have a Fossil that's been holding up real well.

Omega watches are definetly overkill for diving, but they're beautiful timepieces. I've worn it on a few warm water dives in Hawaii, but usually have my Fossil clipped off to a D-ring when diving up here in Alaska (bands on both watches don't fit over gloves).

I'll probably quit wearing both while diving after I get some sort of Suunto gadget.

-B.

My parents gave me a Omega Seamaster for a graduation present 2 years ago. I wear it almost every day, but when i don't, I have a Fossil that's been holding up real well.

Omega watches are definetly overkill for diving, but they're beautiful timepieces. I've worn it on a few warm water dives in Hawaii, but usually have my Fossil clipped off to a D-ring when diving up here in Alaska (bands on both watches don't fit over gloves).

I'll probably quit wearing both while diving after I get some sort of Suunto gadget.

-B.

SMKChef once bubbled...

What's on your arm in the picture on your Profile Page??

Tag Huer - stainless, blue face. Woman's version. Great dive watch, expandable band fits over a 7 mil suit. That pic was after a few dives, a few Bombay & Tonics and a big hunk of Argentenian beef! Does life get any better??

Jersey once bubbled...

Tag Huer - stainless, blue face. Woman's version. Great dive watch, expandable band fits over a 7 mil suit. That pic was after a few dives, a few Bombay & Tonics and a big hunk of Argentenian beef! Does life get any better??

No ma'am, it doesn't. :D It's lunchtime on here on the West Coast, and I feel like a Pavlov experiment after reading your post!:thumb:

Iwear a Festina now, but prior to this it was a Timex. I use it on a daily basis and for timing safty stops while my computer for the rest of the dive. I also have a Croton(Swiss prior to new cheaper ones) that is 25 yrs old and it sees the inside of my dresser most of the time. For those who have not heard of Festina's they are a European Company and are sold in JC Penney.

chuckrt

Citizen HyperAqualand all the time and also a couple of Timex Ironman Triathalons laying around and still working. All have been below 100' with no problems. Wouldn't give up the Citizen unless for a TAG for everyday wear.:mean:

In 1998, I was tired of going through watches so I purchased a S/S Rolex Submariner. This watch is EXTREMELY tough and can withstand a great deal of abuse - which I dish out on a daily basis and it still looks great. I didn't buy it to "show off" as one member suggests (of Rolex wearers), but I wanted a watch that was capable of withstanding a lifetime of abuse. Having asked several independent jewelers to recommend a watch that is up to that task, they all said Rolex was the best - hands down and the most water-tight. I wear it diving, mountaineering, backcountry skiing and it has survived five years of arduous SAR work on Coast Guard FRCs (fast rescue craft). These watches are lifetime investments and will most likely be handed down for generations. When you purchase this watch, you could leave it on your wrist for the rest of your life.

sharky001 once bubbled...
These watches are lifetime investments and will most likely be handed down for generations. When you purchase this watch, you could leave it on your wrist for the rest of your life.
Ya, but for the price of one Rolex I can buy two new Triathlons every year for 30 years, or a new Luminox every year for 17 years...

...and not have to worry about someone thinking about cutting my throat for it in Cozumel, Cabo, or for that matter, a construction site in East Los Angeles.
Well... okay, there ARE those who would cut my throat for the Luminox in East LA.

The Rolex is a fantastic watch, but it's not for everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom