What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being in the new and used watch business ( I own a pawnshop) and have developed a love for fine quality watches, I find myself changing watches like you might change your undies......

Let see........... today I put on a two tone International Watch Co. Crono......... tomorrow I think I going to feel like a Seiko Kinitic...... and Thursday is always Omega day. For my 50th, my wife bought me an 18k Submariner that has special meaning. (hey... you don't turn 50 everyday)

I started collecting fine watch when my dear dad sold me the business amost 35 years ago. Some people collect kick nacks, some poeple collect firearms, ....... I love watches!

For the most part.....I dive in a 1950's stainless submariner. It was the first Rolex I bought and it never misses a beat.

Phil

I am also very fond a nice watches. Above water I wear my Rolex Explorer II. I'm a bit concerned about losing it UW, though, so I just got an Invicta Dive Watch since I like mechanical watches. No one's mentioned it, yet. It looks like a Rolex Sub, but cost less than $100. It is good down to 200m, has a rubber band (also available in steel), display back, date, 1-way rotating bezel and keeps great time. Any fans of Invicta out there?

Michael
:brows:

I use either my G-Shock or Sea Pathfinder. Pathfinder is much eaiser to see but the G-Shock is bomb proof, one battery in 7 years and run over by 5ton truck.=-)

I like Citizen a lot; I have two Promaster Divers. One Orange face, for diving and casual wear, and an olive face, with stainless band, for dressy stuff. The depth gage is way cool, (and accurate!) always guaranteed to start a conversation!

Oh, and an Echo drive Blue Angel, and a Freestyle Shark w/ tide function.

Great watches. I think Citizen makes the best Value/Dollar watches out there.

When our hobbies become our obsessions, we change the name of the hobby. Old cars become 'motor-cars' or 'classic automobiles', watches become 'timepieces', guns turn into 'firearms', snorkling transforms to 'freediving'.

(I'm a photographer, at some point 'taking pictures' became 'fine art photography'!):wink:

I have 2 citizen eco drive, a seiko automatic dive watch from the mid 80's, G-shock and a couple of others.

Interesting poll, my wife was going to buy me an Omega today for fathers day and I passed on it. I figure I have to have something to look forward to in life :)

Rick

Poseidon Sub 500 both in and out of the water. Certified to 500m, sturdy but not too bulky or fancy. I really like that watch.
I also use a Traser (same as Luminoux Navy Seal model) during poor visibility diving due to its' great self illumination.

I also have a couple of Citizen aqualands, one of them titanium that my wife uses these days. I "retired" them since it, in my opinion, was harder to read the time during poor visibility diving in Sweden.

Anders

I have a 2001 Rolex Sea-Dweller that I wear daily but don't dive with. I have a Vyper for that!

This watch get's wet daily and I'll get in the pool with it but I just don't want to see it get banged up while diving, it was a gratuation present for getting my engineering degree.

And for the Omega fans, the helium valve on the 'Dweller is automatic, you don't need to fiddle with it when in the Bell. (Like it really matters for us!)

Craig.

I dive with an 18K Gold/Stainless Steel Submariner with a blue face. Has a unidirectional rotating bezel to keep track of bottom time. If I accidentally turn the dial while diving it can only show a LONGER bottom time than is actual. Ummm...the oyster band (18K/SS) has a "diver link" system that makes is possible for the band to expand large enough to fit over a gloved hand. It never needs winding or batteries. The screw down crown and the fact that it is machined from a solid piece of steel assure watertightness to 300 METERS!

It looks really good when dining in a nice restaurant!

Okay, so I'm a dork with more money than brains!

Back
Top Bottom