What regulator do you lust after?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They number of people that care about doing self service or DIY in the dive business is tiny and insignificant. In practical terms, no one really cares.
You’re right.
That’s why there is a very tiny cadre of DIY types that have their little secret society involving parts and service info.

Myself, as well as others who read this forum have actually sat and observed as well as worked on some SCUBA shop’s repair bench and have seen how it ‘All goes together’ and have had ‘hands-on’ experience working on some SCUBA gear and testing it on the bench and in the pool for positive results. That is the best start before attempting this.
there’s a Scubapro MK200 in my closet that I’m willing to take apart and learn off - I’m not going to dive with it, it’s gonna be used in the garage. I looked over the used parts for my Mares setup - it’s something I can get a grasp of.

You’re right.
That’s why there is a very tiny cadre of DIY types that have their little secret society involving parts and service info.

Yes, that's what makes the world turns around even when it isn't very clear that it does :)

The number of people that care about doing self service or DIY in the dive business is tiny and insignificant. In practical terms, no one really cares.
..why you have to seek and find…There are few of us dedicated enough to do that and have a mechanically inclined desire to do it. What about that DHR repair and service course? …don’t believe enough folks would be ‘that‘ interested. I only know 2 so far.

Yes, that's what makes the world turns around even when it isn't very clear that it does :)
AMEN, my Friends😀
1701464311890.png

there’s a Scubapro MK200 in my closet that I’m willing to take apart and learn off - I’m not going to dive with it, it’s gonna be used in the garage. I looked over the used parts for my Mares setup - it’s something I can get a grasp of.
…that’s how it begins…the work bench or ‘kitchen island’ for me, about 20-25 DHRs and 2 SHRs under my belt now.

Yes, all of us who have been around ‘some’ have witnessed it from the onset. I believe it is part and parcel of the manufacturers proprietary training, as well as discard the old…it’s worn out anyway ( not mine as I take care of my stuff ) . And the mindset is to scare the SCUBA student from the starting gate that this is ‘the way it is’ and it’s not… I like and depend on my ‘tried and true‘ gear and will seek out NOS and worthy ‘re-makes’ to spec, of parts to keep mine going long into the future. My best advice has been gleaned from those who ‘know’ their gear and are willing to help me learn more.
Oh Yes as I mentioned in a previous post. Here is the ScubaPro regulator and gauge I bought on eBay brand new. All I really wanted was the gauge. Now I have a really nice vintage regulator that never got used. All pieces separate in the box I got with part and catalog number tags and who it was for. You can find these at times. …an older model for sure.

Item on adjacent table a nice ‘Man-cave/Sports den’ target game. If played like beer pong (with beer) be careful or you will get buzzed & be hunting for errant darts 😧 🤣.

The first reg I serviced was a MK-5, when I was done I thought is that it? The next was a MK-2 and that was even easier. Then a MK-20, that one was challenging but doable. For second stages the Apeks TX-50 was easy as well as the G-200 and 200B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom