what bottom timer/ computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

verybaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering on back up bottom timers/depth gauge. Already got a uwatec bottom timer + a casio g-shock.

Many people seem to like the vyper/gekko? any ideas? :> Don't really want another uwatec (as it will look silly :])

well, no offense but i plan on them both being in watch form? :>

None taken, I guess what I'm saying is that I'd have no problem wearing 2 of the same bottom timers, I'm sure there are at least a few folks who regularly do that. Have you considered looking at the Citizen watches for that?

I know you don't want another UWATEC but the Aladin TEC2G is a good choice - it has an excellent gauge mode: large numerals with stop watch function (in seconds increments) and depth averaging (with reset function). Paired with a DSS boot, it's also a really compact unit.

verybaddiver:
Just wondering on back up bottom timers/depth gauge. Already got a uwatec bottom timer + a casio g-shock.

Many people seem to like the vyper/gekko? any ideas? :> Don't really want another uwatec (as it will look silly :])

You really have all you need and those are the two most bulletproof ones to own. Once you have all of the scooters, lights, tanks, etc. that you will ever need and have then funds to dive as often as time permits, then waste money on another bottom timer.

Why are looking for another unit?

Vie:
I know you don't want another UWATEC but the Aladin TEC2G is a good choice - it has an excellent gauge mode: large numerals with stop watch function (in seconds increments) and depth averaging (with reset function). Paired with a DSS boot, it's also a really compact unit.

I would strongly second this idea.
I find the Aladin tec 2g to be a great bottom timer in guage mode.
The stop watch is very functional for timing deco and the resetable avg. depth feature makes things very simple.
By far the best bottom timer I've ever used.

Milo

sorry, i didn't mean i didn't want another UWATEC :>. I meant i didn't want another UWATEC bottom timer. The tec2g looks nice, i wanted a downloadable profile function too.

Can i just ask, what is the differance between the tec and tec2g? they seem to have the same functions, yet the tec is half the price.

verybaddiver:
sorry, i didn't mean i didn't want another UWATEC :>. I meant i didn't want another UWATEC bottom timer. The tec2g looks nice, i wanted a downloadable profile function too.

Can i just ask, what is the differance between the tec and tec2g? they seem to have the same functions, yet the tec is half the price.

The tec was the original version 1 gas capable(as if that matters in guage mode).
Avg. depth was not resetable.
I originaly bought the Tec after countless problems I returned the tec to Uwatec.
I recieved back from Uwatec the Tec2g
The tec 2g is the replacement for the problamatic tec.
The Tec was discontinued by Uwatec.
Old stock is still availiable but I would steer clear of it.
The Tec 2g has been completely problem free.

Good luck,
Milo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom