Wrist computer with reliable basic features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budget?
The Garmins will do what you ask and then some. The G1s are budget friendly for the most part. I have an MK2s. I don’t have time of day configured on the main screen, but it is an option. Vibration and audible alarms are available. Can be used for basic rec dives up to more advanced including trimix and ccr. Logs are available on the device and automatically transferred to your phone once in range.

Lots of other basic computers will do most of what you ask, but time of day on the main screen may be a challenge.

I’m curious, though why you need time of day. I also dive at an aquarium. I’ve been asked for temperature in the past (only because some of the divers were convinced it was colder than it was) but never time of day. The surface support records time, starting and end pressure, and gear details.

I dive with the Garmin MK2s and a Shearwater Perdix. At the aquarium, I just use the Garmin.
We are on a tight schedule to exit the water for next shift. Our DSO will tell us we must be out of the water by 1:05, NOT 1:10 !
Sometimes, it's 3:02, just to keep us accurate.

We are on a tight schedule to exit the water for next shift. Our DSO will tell us we must be out of the water by 1:05, NOT 1:10 !
Sometimes, it's 3:02, just to keep us accurate.
Got it. Have a look at the Garmin line. I saw you were looking at the Teric, but concerned about battery life. My MK2s has the shortest battery life of any of the Garmins, but even then I only need to charge once a week in most cases.

Though I haven’t tried it, I believe you should be able to set an alarm to alert you as well. Regardless, you can have time of day on the main dive screen.

Back
Top Bottom