* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now you've done it - you've opened yourself up to "Why Brits like warm beer" jokes.

you americans drink your beer way too cold. i like to able able to taste it

Taste just fine to me cold.

I called and spoke to Shane and Johnny about an hour ago. There are still campsites to be had!!! I have tenative confirmation that I will, in fact, be allowed to come out and play. I will be reserving a spot as close to the lodge as I can get, so I don't have as far to stumble when the festivities overwhelm me. I was told that the sites can accomodate up to three tents comfortably. That being said, I will be in small tent, leaving room available for anyone that may want to throw up their own tent as well. Be forewarned, I sometimes snore, and the rum can aggravate that condition. This will be my first Vortoberfest, and I am very excited to come out and meet some new SB'ers.
If I can swing it (and I'm pretty sure I can), I may get a Morrisons dive in Friday mid-afternoon. I see that there are a few side discussions about that, but I will start a seperate thread to nail down a time.
Mat, Clay, Denise - I am looking forward to diving with each of you again.

Grumby :crafty:

I've got a tiny tent, captain, sir. Might I borrow about 36 square feet of your area? (I don't even have an SUV. :biggrin:)

I've got a tiny tent, captain, sir. Might I borrow about 36 square feet of your area? (I don't even have an SUV. :biggrin:)

Mr Jar, as long as my drunken debauchery does not offend you, I certainly would not mind sharing! (I will try not to make a spectacle of myself, but can't guarantee anything.)

Grumby :D

I've got space in my site. Campsite #1. It's the campsite nearest the lodge.

der K-egmeister

Hey Snep, if you want, you can crash on my "little patch of dirt".

Grumby

I have a six pack of Bitburger and one of Lowenbrau. My question is to what biers are also accepted without folks looking down their noses.

I looked at the store tonight and they have a Boch made in Shiner, Texas, Pilsener Urquell made in Czechoslovakia Warsteiner made in Bavaria, Heineken made in Holland, Amstel again Holland, Abita from Louisiana, I also have some Stella and a few more. The Air Force store has some weizen biers. What is acceptable and what will get you sneered at?

For sausages (wursts) I don't think that any German would turn his or her nose up at Kelleys or Conecah. We could designate the valley between Evergreen and Andalusia as the Ruwer Conecah and thus these sausages would be fitting for the Vortoberfest grille.

Do any of our Saarlander divers know a great recipe for Schwenks?

Oh yeah - we can get some dives in too....

... What is acceptable and what will get you sneered at?...
Anything that claims to be "Lite" is verboten!
Now, if someone can find some Duvel... :D
Rick

Back
Top Bottom