VORTEX Meet/Greet/Eat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The eels are all over the basin at night, lots of minnows come out and litter the bottom too.

The Kraken:
There's a little restaurant at the crossroads back towards Ponce De Leon that makes a great burger !!!!!

Thats Sally's :)

FSUgly:
Hey SuPrBuGmAn, I'll have my small dome tent, so if there is room on your site, and you do not mind, I'll split in on the site rental fees and such. Thanks :)

No problem, #10 is already reserved under my name. Its right across from The Kraken's site.

I'm up for a night dive Friday, what time? I get off work at 5, but it's only an hour drive over to Vortex. Doesn't get dark unitl 8 or so...I believe Vortex is best at night, it's not as crowded and it's a whole new world when you're used to diving it during the day.

Did you say apple pie? It's a deal.

MMMMMM Sally's, I love that woman. I actually had the pleasure of meeting her the last time I dove with Nuttz over there. She is exactly what you would expect.

I live literally 15 minutes from vortex springs, but will be unable to come, for I am out of the country at the moment.

Welcome to ScubaBoard humzai

Maybe next time you could meet up with us.

If we eat at Sally's when everybody gets to Vortex and then dive it might work out good. We could work backwards from closing time to figure our latest get in the water time. I would think targeting 9:30 would get us out in plenty of time. Does that sound good??????

darcy:
I'm up for a night dive Friday, what time? I get off work at 5, but it's only an hour drive over to Vortex. Doesn't get dark unitl 8 or so...I believe Vortex is best at night, it's not as crowded and it's a whole new world when you're used to diving it during the day.

Did you say apple pie? It's a deal.

MMMMMM Sally's, I love that woman. I actually had the pleasure of meeting her the last time I dove with Nuttz over there. She is exactly what you would expect.

Sounds like a plan to me !!!

Can't wait to meet you guys !!!

the K

I just called Vortex to let them know we want to do a night dive and asked what we need to do. Connie says the shop should be open until about 7 PM. If you are not going to get there by then (hopefully we will all be getting full at Sally's) you need to fax a copy of your certification to 850-836-4557. There will be liability release forms left by the door to fill out and give to someone spending the night to turn in to the office in the morning. If you have rental equipment, it can be left with someone who is staying overnight or placed on the porch of the house across from the shop.

If anyone is going to be late and needs to rent something, I'd be glad to help get it and make it secure until you get there. Gulf-Gulper will need a tank and I'm guarding his gear already :D.

I'll be arriving no earlier than 8 that evening, with any luck, I'll be in time for Sally's but don't wait up! :D I may have a couple of local to me guys coming as well. Not sure if we'll dive Fri night, but we're definately down for some Sat day and night diving.

FSUgly,

I think the group meal thing is planned for Saturday, you can bring your dish for then. If you want to eat on Friday night you can beg the other campers, go to Subway by I-10, or have a great meal at Sally's.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom