VORTEX Meet/Greet/Eat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a class of 15 going to Vortex this weekend - July 16 and 17. The staff are staying in the Grandview two bedroom. Students are scattered all over the grounds. We also have a group of Scuba Rangers going. The usual 20 pounds of charcoal will be lighted around 6ish and as usual all are invited to the eat and greet. I called Vortex this morning and Connie assures me that they had minimal damage from Dennis and will be in full operation. From the looks of the room reservations we will not be there alone.
If you're there come by and say hey.

Just to make sure . . .

The Shindig is the weekend of July 23rd !!!

the K

I was thinking of heading over to the Destin Jetties that weekend, but after Dennis and getting a couple replies from SuPrBuGmAn on another topic, I think I might just come on over to Vortex instead. I did my check out dives there, so it'll be cool to go back :)

The more the merrier !!!

the K

I went swimming at the PC Jetties on Monday and the water is like Mississippi mud. UGLY. I don't think it will clear up for awhile. I can't say for sure but we went diving out of Destin a few months after Ivan in December and the Gulf seemed to be still stirred up still. Maybe it wasn't from Ivan but who knows...I do know it wasn't pretty as it usually is out there.

FSUgly:
I think I might just come on over to Vortex instead.:)

Excellent idea :)

We'll be diving some of the other springs in the area too - just for a bit of something different.

What time are things getting started on Friday? I have to work the weekend but have Friday off.

Yoda,
I'll be leaving the Atlanta area around 0600 or thereabouts. That should put me at the Springs around 1100 hours Alabama time . . . that's when I'm kicking it off !!

the K

What's the latest they will let you dive there and will anyone be awake? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom