Very Special October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are booked! Our previous trip we dived with Aldora but foolishly chose our lodging elsewhere. We sat on the boat and looked on enviously as our fellow divers embarked/disembarked at the Villa. We swore that next trip we would give the Villa a try. This offer is serendipitous.

Thanks Dave, and congratulations on the milestone.

To celebrate my 25th year in Cozumel this October 8th I am opening up the VILLA ALDORA for FREE every night in October. All single rooms will be free for every day you dive with Aldora. The luxury 2 bedroom condos/suites will be half price for every day you dive with Aldora. This will probably fill up quickly so make your reservation asap for your choice of rooms. This is only offered to Scubaboard members.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Hi Dave (or any of the Aldora 'regulars'),
Any details on the food or restaurant facilities ? I don't cook so hoping there are easy on-site options. I'm low maintainance, so nothing fancy required.

Thanks, Karl

Last edited:
Dear Karl,

Every room has at least a kitchenette with Refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, etc. On check in our managers will take you to the Mega Supermarket where you can load up on breakfast/snack supplies, beer, booze etc.. Most all of our guests make them selves fruit /cereal breakfast before loading on our boats at 7:30 am.

After the first dive we take a 2 hour surface interval at a day beach restaurant where those who wish so eat moderately priced food (that never makes them sick). Once back at the Villa at about 1:30 you are on your own but it is only 1 mile to the center of town and you are free to use one of our very nice bikes, taxi (cheap), or walk. Many of our guests walk into town and taxi back. There are some really good restaurants nearby. I have heard almost no complaints about lack of a swim up bar or room service!

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Hi Dave (or any of the Aldora 'regulars'),
Any details on the food or restaurant facilities ? I don't cook so hoping there are easy on-site options. I'm low maintainance, so nothing fancy required.

Thanks, Karl
All of the rooms have kitchens or mini kitchenettes but there is no restaurant on-site. I don't like to cook either so usually what I do in Cozumel is go to Mega (large grocery store like a super Walmart) and stock up on fruits/snacks/cold cuts/beer.
Aldora boats typically stop at Mr Sanchos beach club or Playa Palancar for lunch during surface interval so you can buy food.

The Villa itself is approximately 20-25 "brisk" minute walk downtown where there are a plethora of restaurants. A taxi from/to centro should cost no more than 40-60 pesos (~3USD depending on exchange rate). I like walking so usually what I do is walk into town and take a taxi home. Villa also has bikes available for guests to use.

Food and restaurants is a hotly debated topic in Cozumel but let's just say there are plenty of options to satisfy every budget or lack thereof. In no particular order.. Most of these are a very quick taxi ride of a 30-35 minute walk.
(Please don't kill me if I missed your favorite restaurant..)
Los Otates
El Pique
Thirsty Cougar
Wet Wendys
Del Sur
Ohanas
Los Seras
Burrito Gordito
La Choza
El Moro
Le Chef
La Kinta
Casa Mission

EDIT: See Dave's reply above mine. :)

Ok we just booked our boys trip hopefully you can accommodate I am waiting to hear back from a couple of others to see if we will get enough people to need to upgrade to the Suite.

But we are now locked in and I can say Look out we're going.

Dear Karl,

Every room has at least a kitchenette with Refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, etc. On check in our managers will take you to the Mega Supermarket where you can load up on breakfast/snack supplies, beer, booze etc.. Most all of our guests make them selves fruit /cereal breakfast before loading on our boats at 7:30 am.

After the first dive we take a 2 hour surface interval at a day beach restaurant where those who wish so eat moderately priced food (that never makes them sick). Once back at the Villa at about 1:30 you are on your own but it is only 1 mile to the center of town and you are free to use one of our very nice bikes, taxi (cheap), or walk. Many of our guests walk into town and taxi back. There are some really good restaurants nearby. I have heard almost no complaints about lack of a swim up bar or room service!

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Thanks for the details, much appreciated! Sounds very tempting........I'm checking airfare and potential days I can take off from work.

All of the rooms have kitchens or mini kitchenettes but there is no restaurant on-site. I don't like to cook either so usually what I do in Cozumel is go to Mega (large grocery store like a super Walmart) and stock up on fruits/snacks/cold cuts/beer.
Aldora boats typically stop at Mr Sanchos beach club or Playa Palancar for lunch during surface interval so you can buy food.

The Villa itself is approximately 20-25 "brisk" minute walk downtown where there are a plethora of restaurants. A taxi from/to centro should cost no more than 40-60 pesos (~3USD depending on exchange rate). I like walking so usually what I do is walk into town and take a taxi home. Villa also has bikes available for guests to use.

Food and restaurants is a hotly debated topic in Cozumel but let's just say there are plenty of options to satisfy every budget or lack thereof. In no particular order.. Most of these are a very quick taxi ride of a 30-35 minute walk.
(Please don't kill me if I missed your favorite restaurant..)
Los Otates
El Pique
Thirsty Cougar
Wet Wendys
Del Sur
Ohanas
Los Seras
Burrito Gordito
La Choza
El Moro
Le Chef
La Kinta
Casa Mission

EDIT: See Dave's reply above mine. :)

Thanks for all the additional details, it's very helpful in deciding if this is doable for me!

Any bar with the name "Thirsty Cougar" is one I will have to have a beer in.

I'm here more than half the time (young children in Texas) so you may be unlucky enough to put up with me!

Dave

PS I really like Oceanic Stuff too!

Back
Top Bottom