STAY SAFE—NO MOPEDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another big problem with the rental scooters is maintenance, or so I have read. If it'll run, it's for rent whether the brakes, wheels, lights, etc. work or not.

Twist and go is fantastic! Though I ride 6-8k miles a year on an Xmax 300 so nothing inexperienced here. Wet, cold, sandy, whatever... I prefer 70° and light overcast but have ridden everything from 25° and dark to 105° and blistering sun in WA. They need to require a motorcycle endorsement for these 2 wheel death machines, not change their physical characteristics.
You probably like thumb throttles too.🤮

Last 2 scooter accidents I witnessed were both locals. One right on melgar, Head Ėound Harry... the other south of town on open road.

Amazing you never see the scooter with the family of 5 riding on it have any issues....

You should see the squadrons in Taipei, it's like schools of fish.

Sometimes a shark gets one

Hey..... I do not at all mean to come across as a malcontent on the issue of scooters being dangerous.... They are most definitely dangerous!!! And folks that have no experience and think this is just a casual fun thing to do on vacation should probably think twice.

I'm just always opposed to anyone telling others what to do or what is best for them..... which is what the title of this thread implied to me. "Stay Safe - No Mopeds.

I am a rider, an MC guy and a lifetime ABATE member and advocate. My position is that as long as my actions and decisions do not infringe on the rights of others...... then my take is.... "Let those that ride decide".

And as far as the poser who posted that my wife and her friend are "idiots" for riding a scooter to the pharmacy in Coz, I would love to meet you in person so we could discuss and resolve the issue of "respect". Just DM me and we'll work out the logistics!

srseg1m.jpg

BuF8G4A.jpg

Freeway in rush hour traffic I prefer no clutch. Grab and go is perfect for commuting.
That's what lane splitting is for, and for the douche that wants to open his door I've got a little something for his tires and/or radiator.

That's what lane splitting is for, and for the douche that wants to open his door I've got a little something for his tires and/or radiator.
Lane splitting is for those wishing to end up in the hospital. Too many idiots not paying attention. I run the shoulder if I can't avoid the freeways. Only problem so far is the occasional nail I've picked up. Not sure where but they started showing up when I started avoiding being a statistic.

Let those that ride decide
Of course. No one here is saying that the those that ride (or don't ride) should not make their own decision, however, we have advised and will continue to advise people who who are inexperienced at driving a scooter not to rent them on Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom