UTD Z+, Razor BAT or Xdeep Stealth 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had mine for the last few days on this last trip to Mexico. I don't remember any problems on the surface, but I haven't had the chance to dive it with stages yet.

I was told the XDeep sidemount system will allow you to float at the surface upright. I do not know for a fact, just what I was told but I will know since I do have one on order. The first time I be able to get in in the water will be the 16th of Dec.

Please share with us comments and suggestions on using xdeep stealth, your honest input is greatly appreciated

mulla here another SM rig for your consideration I have a few friends in north florida that use these and like them alot Its pretty much the same thing as the
UTD Z+ but with a better bladder cover fabric and an top OPV.

buy Manta Sidemount System at northeastscubasupply.com - Northeast Scuba Supply

This is what I use and I love it. Has no problem handling heavy steel tanks or aluminum. It is very streamlined and easy to swim with. And none of that ridiculous use your snorkel at the surface crap.

If anybody having a purchase of Stealth 2.0 Sidemount system in mind, now there is a lot % more reasons to get one if you know what I mean :)
Also I would like to invite everybody to our Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/xDeepGear
that introduces lot of interesting products, tips, instructions and awesome sidemount diving pics galleries.

Stay warm.
Sebastian J.

If anybody having a purchase of Stealth 2.0 Sidemount system in mind, now there is a lot % more reasons to get one if you know what I mean :)
Also I would like to invite everybody to our Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/xDeepGear
that introduces lot of interesting products, tips, instructions and awesome sidemount diving pics galleries.

Stay warm.
Sebastian J.

Awfully tempting at that price but I do not think it would have enough lift for cold water applications, or would it? It has been suggested that with a drysuit, and steel tanks it would not have enough lift, that is why I am looking at a Razor instead.

Awfully tempting at that price but I do not think it would have enough lift for cold water applications, or would it? It has been suggested that with a drysuit, and steel tanks it would not have enough lift, that is why I am looking at a Razor instead.

No problem with lift, still you'll have a reserve even with stage(s).
This is my configuration I use Stealth 2.0 with:

Tanks: 2 x Faber LP 108
Drysuit: DUI Flx Extreme with thinner 200gr undergarment (less buoyant)
since I use Yellow Diving heating system (shirt, canister battery, drysuit adapter / inlet combo)
Recently diving with two steel tanks and two AL80 Luxfer as a stage bottles.

The razor has enough lift. But the wing turns into a big pillow on your back. And it doesn't vent well at all - rolling side to side to vent is silly. I have a Razor, works ok with tiny tanks (lp45s or Al80s). For larger steel tanks in cold water, I'd suggest something like a Nomad or an SMS100. I have the SMS100 for my larger steel tank SM diving, works much better than the Razor.

I see you are Victoria so I have to ask, what dives do you want to do in SM?

The razor has enough lift. But the wing turns into a big pillow on your back. And it doesn't vent well at all - rolling side to side to vent is silly. I have a Razor, works ok with tiny tanks (lp45s or Al80s). For larger steel tanks in cold water, I'd suggest something like a Nomad or an SMS100. I have the SMS100 for my larger steel tank SM diving, works much better than the Razor.

I see you are Victoria so I have to ask, what dives do you want to do in SM?

I know this is going to open me up to a whole bunch of criticism but after I get the proper training in SM, and if I enjoy it, almost every dive I do will be in SM.

Thanks for the info on the Razor as well.

I know this is going to open me up to a whole bunch of criticism but after I get the proper training in SM, and if I enjoy it, almost every dive I do will be in SM.

Thanks for the info on the Razor as well.

It's nothing to do with training or lack thereof. (I have no formal sidemount training so who am I to judge)

I just want to know what (Island or Mainland) dives you want to do where you feel SM is a good choice? Whatever rig you chose should be at least functional if not optimal for those dives IMO.

I dive backmount for pretty much all of my open water diving. I dive sidemount in North Vancouver Island caves because I need to and/or it works better to get the cylinders to the water one at a time.

It's nothing to do with training or lack thereof. (I have no formal sidemount training so who am I to judge)

I just want to know what (Island or Mainland) dives you want to do where you feel SM is a good choice? Whatever rig you chose should be at least functional if not optimal for those dives IMO.

I dive backmount for pretty much all of my open water diving. I dive sidemount in North Vancouver Island caves because I need to and/or it works better to get the cylinders to the water one at a time.

All I meant by my comment was that I will probably just dive SM even for open water diving, but having not trying it yet, I can not say that is for sure but it is a definate possibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom