Having trouble with steel cylinder trim - New Xdeep stealth 2.0 Tec diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mike, yeah! was thinking about the same, but would it make clipping cylinders much harder?
Yes. The further back, the more difficult to clip on. But worth it going through that pain. As with everything sidemount. Lol. If diving from a boat, what helps in a big way is to sit down between your tanks laid down next to your sides to clip on. Granted, you need a lot of space to do this and you might have to wait for your neighbors to get in the water first. But it's much, much easier.

I want to save the square D-ring for my pouch, GoPro, SMB, etc.
I would prioritize clipping the tank and pouch to the drop Ds. Plenty of room. Find other places for the other stuff (e.g., in the pouch, crotch strap under the pouch, or suit pockets).

Clip it all on the drop-D. Even easier if you get the SumpUK twisted ones, or put a twist in the Xdeep ones like this. Makes the tanks sit further forward and the other stuff clips on the back.
I'd consider moving to bottom bolt snaps up the tanks until they get closer to the balance point in the water. Then they don't change trim so much through the dive.

1000003472.jpg
1000003470.jpg

I would prioritize clipping the tank and pouch to the drop Ds. Plenty of room. Find other places for the other stuff (e.g., in the pouch, crotch strap under the pouch, or suit pockets).
I will give it a go!

Where would you clip your stage?
I am thinking clipping my primary to the drop D ring, leave my swivel round D ring at where it is for the stages
Not sure if it’s a good idea

Where would you clip your stage? I am thinking clipping my primary to the square drop D ring, leave my swivel round D ring at where it is for the stages
Didn't realize you had a stage as well. Certainly try it as you describe as clipping on/off is easy.

The approach I use is to clip the main tank to the hip D ring (move it fwd from where you have it for easier access) and the stage to the drop D with a bungee. The stage keeps the primary from riding low and the primary keeps the stage from riding high. This will be nice & tight and still allow gas verification of the stage. The problem is it can be a bear to clip the stage and takes some fiddling to get the bungee the right length.

U
Didn't realize you had a stage as well. Certainly try it as you describe as clipping on/off is easy.

The approach I use is to clip the main tank to the hip D ring (move it fwd from where you have it for easier access) and the stage to the drop D with a bungee. The stage keeps the primary from riding low and the primary keeps the stage from riding high. This will be nice & tight and still allow gas verification of the stage. The problem is it can be a bear to clip the stage and takes some fiddling to get the bungee the right length.
Mmmm interesting, so it’s the other way around. Well the only way to find out is to get into the water I guess.
thanks for the ideas!!

Take the Round D-Ring off the Drop-Ds. Clip the tank onto the Drop-Ds and it will pull it back fully another inch or 2.
I didn't like this for my setup since it made it harder to differentiate between the tanks and the stage. I clip my stage to the drop-ds and I like to keep the separate and cross clipped to keep them snug. I'd rather have the valve a bit more front than accidentally clipping my stage to the wrong place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom