US Passport renewal time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shirts are good, keychains too, VS for the ladies works :D Packs well too.

Vs?

Victoria Secret, :D

In the mean time a trip I was planning to the Philippines settled in at a Mar 5th departure.
Have a great trip. :pilot: Have you checked the CDC site for suggestions...??
jumping-smiley-027.gif

cdc? what site is that Don?

dlndavid:
cdc? what site is that Don?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention here Go to Travelers' Health] and continue on from there. They suggest...
Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG). Transmission of hepatitis A virus can occur through direct person-to-person contact; through exposure to contaminated water, ice, or shellfish harvested in contaminated water; or from fruits, vegetables, or other foods that are eaten uncooked and that were contaminated during harvesting or subsequent handling.

Hepatitis B, especially if you might be exposed to blood or body fluids (for example, health-care workers), have sexual contact with the local population, or be exposed through medical treatment. Hepatitis B vaccine is now recommended for all infants and for children ages 11–12 years who did not receive the series as infants.

Japanese encephalitis, if you plan to visit rural farming areas and under special circumstances, such as a known outbreak of Japanese encephalitis.

Malaria: your risk of malaria may be high in some of the countries in this region. See your health care provider for a prescription antimalarial drug. For details concerning risk and preventive medications, see Malaria Information for Travelers to Southeast Asia.

Rabies, if you might have extensive unprotected outdoor exposure in rural areas, such as might occur during camping, hiking, or bicycling, or engaging in certain occupational activities.

Typhoid, particularly if you are visiting developing countries in this region. Typhoid fever can be contracted through contaminated drinking water or food, or by eating food or drinking beverages that have been handled by a person who is infected. Large outbreaks are most often related to fecal contamination of water supplies or foods sold by street vendors

As needed, booster doses for tetanus-diphtheria and measles.
Many of these may be skipped, depending on exactly where you're going.

dlndavid:
I wasn't even planning the trip, it just happened.

I hope my comment didn't come off as insensitive. I went back and read it and said thought to myself....geez, what a ****head. So I am sorry if I did come off that way.

Great information that you posted though for others who might have the ?? in the future.

No worries TJ, thanks for recommenting. And yes in hindsight I wish I would have done the expedited service. I wanted to renew in person as sending such an important document through the mail seems ludicrous. They told me I could drop it off there at th post office and I'll charge you more and send it to the same place you can send it to.

I'm sure you will run straight to post when you recieve it and do the big dance. I can't imagine how nerve racking. W will look forward to you doing this :wave-smil

You got that right Tracy, I might even throw in a :multi:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom