US Passport renewal time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry David, it will be here. Just 2 more weeks!

Why on earth would you cut it that close? I don't believe you have a choice now. That few extra $$ for expedited sevice probably seems cheap now.

WOW, thanks Miranda, I did not see that option on the SD website, I have a number now and will call Tuesday thanks again.

tjmills:
Why on earth would you cut it that close? I don't believe you have a choice now. That few extra $$ for expedited sevice probably seems cheap now.
I wasn't even planning the trip, it just happened.

Diver Dennis:
Thanks Dennis, Miranda gave some really good info, another reason to make SB your forum of choice. :D

dlndavid:
Thanks MoonWrasse and Miranda, I didn't know you could check status online.
And yeah, I should have expedited mine, the stress ain't worth it.

When I renewed mine in 1999, I was going to London on holiday. I hadn't been told to expedite it at first, but when I kept waiting and waiting and finally called the State Department, they asked me if I had requestion expedition. I wound up paying an extra $30 for it and received my new passport THE DAY BEFORE I left for the airport. :11:

National Passport Information Center

This is the only official U.S. Government website for passport information. If you have a travel emergency, please call the National Passport Information Center to speak to a Customer Service Representative. Website for Passport Information.

Telephone Number: 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778)
TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793. Telephone number for customers with telecommunication devices for the hearing impaired.
Customer Service Representatives and Operators for TDD/TTY are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time, excluding federal holidays. These hours may be expanded to accommodate increased calls during periods of heavy travel.
Automated Information available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have a travel emergency, please call the Center to speak with a customer service representative. Do not e-mail.
If you have already applied for a U.S. passport and would like to check the status of your application online, click here.

If you would like to request the status of your application by email, click here.

If you would like to email the National Passport Information Center for a general question regarding passports, click here

cinder4320:
You can both check your status online and I think change it to expedited. Its a national website and you only need your SS# and name.

Miranda
Thank you again Miranda!
I think my problem is solved and my worries may be put aside. May this thread help others who run into this problem.

Diver Dennis:
Thought about any gifts to bring for our friends?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom