Passport warnings, several...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you call having to sit in a hospital's emergency ward, waiting to be seen by a doctor for nearly 24 hours and a having your routine medical situation turn into a life threatening situation as a result of not being seen in a reasonable time period, having a health care system... then sure, I guess?

If you call having to sit in a hospital's emergency ward, waiting to be seen by a doctor for nearly 24 hours and a having your routine medical situation turn into a life threatening situation as a result of not being seen in a reasonable time period, having a health care system... then sure, I guess?
Both countries health care systems are completely and utterly broken. I'm more familiar with the US system, and a good way, (in my opinion), is to look at the life expectancy and infant mortality rate for whatever country you want to evaluate.

Both countries health care systems are completely and utterly broken. I'm more familiar with the US system, and a good way, (in my opinion), is to look at the life expectancy and infant mortality rate for whatever country you want to evaluate.
I'm not sure I would agree with using those metrics. For example, Canada has about a 4 year increased life expectancy than the US. It would seem that socio-economics, poverty, crime, gun prevalence, etc, would be in play to skew those life expectancy numbers rather than a difference in health care systems...

wow. that sounds exactly like Italian health care.

I'm not sure I would agree with using those metrics. For example, Canada has about a 4 year increased life expectancy than the US. It would seem that socio-economics, poverty, crime, gun prevalence, etc, would be in play to skew those life expectancy numbers rather than a difference in health care systems...
I think that there's a very real correlation of poverty to access to health care.
Gun prevalence and other socioeconomic factors, (aside from poverty), certainly affect life expectancy, but to the extent that it skews the numbers for a population of nearly 336 million?
I'm dubious.

I think that there's a very real correlation of poverty to access to health care.
Gun prevalence and other socioeconomic factors, (aside from poverty), certainly affect life expectancy, but to the extent that it skews the numbers for a population of nearly 336 million?
I'm dubious.
Edited: to remove stats on how gun related deaths impact life expectancy in Canada vs US.

We're getting way off topic here.

My brother waited 7.5 hrs to get a CT after a intra cranial hemmorage. Could have died waiting in a lounge chair for a CT scan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom