Passport rules for Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throwing the spanner into the works.

Some countries (EU) require the 6 months to be within the 10 years of passport issue. Many Brits have been caught on this when they renew their passports 9 months early.

I renewed mine last year even with 7 months to go because it was over ten years since issue. I once had a passport with a 13 year life.

You definetly need 6 months left on your passport entering the Philippines. While entry to the country is usually pain free, although sometimes slow. We do hear of some immigration officers who can be in a bad mood, or tired and just like to throw their weight around. I personally would just get a new passport before leaving your own country. Your going to have to do it anyway. Enjoy the wonderful Philippines.

Just wanted to follow up on this:

I had my passport extended just to be safe. At checkin the agent was counting and said: “oh, you’re lucky, just enough time left to enter” he clearly did not look at the extension as that was valid to November.

No problem entering Philippines (except in Cebu they want you to show the qr code to proves you filled out the health declaration- despite the “no need to print this, it’s already in our system” you get, when you fill it out - before you could line up for immigration- caused quite a long queue as people either did not fill it or did not take a screenshot (like we did) and were not able to access the internet.

But as we were leaving the officer looked at my passport and started counting, I quickly told him it was extended and he asked me to show where - I pointed it out and he said “ok, no problem then” - I did not ask, what would have happened if it was not extended, but clearly the rules have changed (at least for Danes).

Just wanted to follow up on this:

I had my passport extended just to be safe. At checkin the agent was counting and said: “oh, you’re lucky, just enough time left to enter” he clearly did not look at the extension as that was valid to November.

No problem entering Philippines (except in Cebu they want you to show the qr code to proves you filled out the health declaration- despite the “no need to print this, it’s already in our system” you get, when you fill it out - before you could line up for immigration- caused quite a long queue as people either did not fill it or did not take a screenshot (like we did) and were not able to access the internet.

But as we were leaving the officer looked at my passport and started counting, I quickly told him it was extended and he asked me to show where - I pointed it out and he said “ok, no problem then” - I did not ask, what would have happened if it was not extended, but clearly the rules have changed (at least for Danes).
An extension on your passport is of no use in the EU. It’s 6 months before the 10 year anniversary of its issue. I’m finding more countries are following this dogma.

....(except in Cebu they want you to show the qr code to proves you filled out the health declaration- despite the “no need to print this, it’s already in our system” you get, when you fill it out - before you could line up for immigration- caused quite a long queue as people either did not fill it or did not take a screenshot (like we did) and were not able to access the inter...
No such problem about a wk ago. The officer said the declaration was already in the system as he never asked to see the proof.

An extension on your passport is of no use in the EU. It’s 6 months before the 10 year anniversary of its issue. I’m finding more countries are following this dogma.
Since I'm an EU citizen it does not matter about the 6 months and I did check that Philippines accept passport extensions.
No such problem about a wk ago. The officer said the declaration was already in the system as he never asked to see the proof.
Great! So they changed it again? It was not the officer, he had it in the system - it was an official lady, who wanted to see proof that everyone filled it out BEFORE we were allowed to join the queue. (Stupid, but apparently they did have a lot who got to the officer without having filled out the online form, hence making everyone else wait)

I did write about my experience on TA and someone else had the same experience as us.... And taking a screenshot just to be sure is fast and cost nothing (my SIL did not take a screenshot and could not access the network at the terminal, luckily I had prepaid Airalo for esim in Philippines and could share 4G with her)

I went through Cebu the week Covid restrictions were lifted. The Philippine health questionnaire was supposed to be stopped then, but I did have it - by entering gobbledygook into each field. The system sent my approval within 5 seconds.

One country two systems also in Philippines!
I need to fill a custom declaration form given out by the stewardess during the flight last week to Cebu! The last time that I needed to fill that form must be well over 10yrs ago. It was not required on any flight to Manila or Clark for yrs. However, the custom official did not ask for it on arrival.
Oh, I need to apply for the e travel to get out of the country now! I am glad that I remember the pass word that I used on the e-travel to enter the country.
I wonder if Cebu runs it's own system.
The complexity of the e-pass has became easier when it was changed to e-travel.
Anyone without a smart phone, tablet etc etc probably better to stay at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom