Ultrasonic Cleaner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gurnie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have any suggestions on an affordable ultrasonic cleaner? The one from Global is just out of budget at the moment. Cheers.

I got mine off of eBay, it's digital, and can also heat the solution too. I think it was around $150.

I will second the ebay route. Of course my wife cringed when I told her it came from a piercing shop :). But it was a Crest at 1/3 price of new. And yes it was cleaned before being shipped and again before I used it. Here is one that is the perfect size for a single reg. and is like what I have.

Crest CP200HT (CP200-HT) 1/2 Gal. Ultrasonic Cleaner-Heat & Timer

I would say buy it but it does not come with a basket which is a must have as you do not want parts sitting on the bottom. The baskets run about $50.

Can't believe no one has chimed in for the Harbor Freight model. 2 years of 15 or so rebuilds per year plus the random here and there uses, without issue. It's more than paid for itself, with no death in sight.

No basket but has a plastic cover on the bottom, and perfect size for a Pyrex big enough for one valve if you want to keep multiple separate cleaning solution baths.

I've been using <this one> quite nicely, but I do only my own cleaning. I'm not a public service.

Can't believe no one has chimed in for the Harbor Freight model. 2 years of 15 or so rebuilds per year plus the random here and there uses, without issue. It's more than paid for itself, with no death in sight.

No basket but has a plastic cover on the bottom, and perfect size for a Pyrex big enough for one valve if you want to keep multiple separate cleaning solution baths.

I used mine for 130+ rebuilds a year for a couple years. Now that I'm just servicing my own regs and valves I'm only using it about 30-40 times a year plus when I teach a HOG reg clinic. Used it about a dozen times over a weekend just a couple weeks ago cleaning regs and valves when I was teaching a HOG clinic and O2 service clinic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom