Travel Fins: What are you using to drop weight, but give good performance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS Slipstreams are very similar to Jetfins, but more or less neutral in the water. Both they and the DiveRites Lynn mentioned work well for the non-silting and precise positioning kicks.

I dive Apollo Bio-Fins at "home" but when I travel I take my old US Divers (AquaLung) Blades... they're light and perform well in currents.

Hi,

Has anyone tried to pack their Force Fins in a Dive Caddy? I love my force fins and don't want to leave them behind. Thanks.

M

Over time, my entire family has gone to APS Mantarays. We travel A LOT and find these perfect for our needs.

My wife and I bought Aqualung Express full-foot fins for our tropical travel. The only negative would be length; quite long. Fit is great, foot pocket is comfortable and neither of us had blister/chafing from the heel area.
I also have Force Fin Pro's but I have yet to travel with them because I don't like traveling with the thick boots I normally use in cold water.
At some point I may invest in another set of Force Fins in a smaller size to use with a thin boot.

Anyone ever use open heel fins with a water shoe (like the Merrell WaterPro Manistee) to save weight? I was thinking about getting a pair to try with my Force Fin Pro's on my next vacation.

Back
Top Bottom