Travel Fins: What are you using to drop weight, but give good performance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

APS Mantarays.... Maneuverable and light, but with plenty of power... And the stock rubber straps are cool :D

I also have force fins that I picked up for travel. Truth be told, I put up with the weight and always travel with my Jet Fins. Everyone looks at me funny using them in the tropics but I just love them.....

another for force fins... use em at home and when traveling... I love em...

I'm in the same situation, I need a new pair for travel, tropical diving, strong currents and need to be maneuverable for setting up for a photo etc. I have looked at the force fin's and also the eccelerating force fin, problem is their expensive and I see mixed reviews either strongly in favor or strongly against, I don't want to make a mistake at that price point.

I really don't know what to choose, maybe I should just get the jets, no bad comments on them anywhere? How much do they weigh, I can handle a couple lbs extra....

Atomic Liquid Blue. A little big and heavy but I like diving what I'm comfortable with. They are fast and maneuverable.

I have Atomic's now, their about 10 years old and are giving me a blister on my big toe. I'm changing out my booties and fins because I don't know which is causing the problem. The Big Blue's look similar to my old ones, I always liked my Atomic's.

Funny you mention the Seawings, I just picked up a pair today mostly because their so light and receive decent reviews. I'm also going to pick up a pair of force fins and take both with me on a two week live aboard trip. I'm very skeptical about the force fins, way to much hype from a relatively small group of people, but I will give them a fair shot, I figure about 20 dives for each and then post a review. I sent an E-mail to force fin about sizing but never heard back from them, so not off to a good start........

You may want to consider the Mares Avanti X3, Superchannel, Avanti Quattro. All under $100, light weight and widely used in the tropics. The Quattro is a tried and tested design and I prefer them over Scubapro Jets for diving in tropics while wearing only a rash vest and board shorts or 3mm suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom