More weight on feet needed. But how to do so?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berndo for any reason you don't like me, that's perfectly OK, I don't care. But could you please stopp boarding every thread I start? If you have nothing to say just say nothing. Thank you.
It was a serious suggestion. From the questions you've asked I can tell that you could learn a lot from taking a class. I mean, you think air dil to 60 m no problem and looking to get lead soles made. And you claim 'you wanna learn'.

Don't know what you make wrong with the Bertec. It doesn't dangle. The quality of the Bertec stuff is very high.
I don't have it by myself. I friend is diving it and it does dangle. But no problem, I can produce one.

It was a serious suggestion. From the questions you've asked I can tell that you could learn a lot from taking a class. I mean, you think air dil to 60 m no problem and looking to get lead soles made. And you claim 'you wanna learn'.
That's what I mean. Bringing stuff from other threads in here, boarding a thread. Saying something even if you have nothing to say.

And yes, air dil is no problem to 60m. There are better dils but air is working fine as well.
And yes I got my lead soles, the work fine in my drysuit but they only solved 80% of the problem.
And yes I do learn a lot in this forum, for ex. in this thread. At least as long as Berndo does not write....

View attachment 797058

A v-weight would bring lead higher up, I think this does not help.
I'd go with LMLA's suggestions.

The weight attached here hopefully clearing up why. Lead goes all the way to the bottom of the bottles.

Attachments

• gallery-299-for-100506.jpg
    gallery-299-for-100506.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 797058

A v-weight would bring lead higher up, I think this does not help.
Alu plate: I need the weight of ss plate. If I switch to alu I will need additional lead but where do I put it?
I was diving minium weight, as I always do. I had not to much air in my feed.
During test I did not use the wing at all, it was empty. My buoyancy all over was perfect, little air in drysuit, rebreather at min. volume, I was perfectly neutral. But trimm was lousy.
I can not slide tanks down anymore.
OC my trimm is perfect. Adding the SM Liberty pushes my head down and feet up. Strange.
Attaching lead to the fins is ultimate solution, I really don't like that.
I made a new test dive, lead soles in my dry suit. They are about 2x450 grams. They helped more than I tought but did not solve all of my problem, head still goes down.
Next I will do: add 1+1 kg at cylinders bottom and take away 2 kg v-weight at the top.
My fins are heavy, perhaps there are even heavier ones? I will start a new thread for this.

Thank you for all the good ideas.

I don’t have anything useful to add but those internal weights are legit, think I’ll be making some of those for my singles plate.

The weight attached here hopefully clearing up why. Lead goes all the way to the bottom of the bottles.
So does my P weight. But I can take away some of my upper P weight, keeping lower P weight and add such a low V weight. Perhaps this combination will help.

As my lead soles already helped a lot (but not enough) I only must change trimm a little bit.

Alekseolson where did you get this from? Are this d12 lt cylinders?

Alekseolson where did you get this from? Are this d12 lt cylinders?
These are D12's yes. The "default" weight option her ein Norway.

One supplier:

Unfortunately I struggle to find maker, as I doubt its produced domestically, they should be available elsewhere!

Problem: d12 v-weight does not fit d8.5, I ve tried several ones. And I dive d12 AND d8.5.

Other idea https://en.omsdive.store/produktseite/oms-v-bleitasche Did anyone try this? I will use only the lower bag

One more idea: what about some lead ins drysuit's pockets? I guess 2x500 grams is enough. Not as elegant as v or p-weight but lead is closer to my feet so it will change trim more than on my (lower) back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom