More weight on feet needed. But how to do so?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you try a ordinary weight belt first? Fits both, D12 and D8.5.
Oh no, definitely not. For testing reasons a belt is OK but not for serious diving. This was decades ago.

Is there any serious reason for not using a weight belt? Or is it just: "No weight belt in technical diving."
It is fine and often clever to have at least a bit of weight ditch-able. And the weight is close to the mass center of the body.
Even some GUE divers use weight belts, since you often refer to GUE ;-)

I weight belt is something you can loose. That's what you don't want in a cave, on deco, anywhere....

Yes position of weight belt might be perfect for my problem. That's why I can imagine using a weight belt for tests.

I weight belt is something you can loose. That's what you don't want in a cave, on deco, anywhere....
Not true. Use a proper weight belt, put it on before you put on the harness. In this way even if the buckle of the weight belt fails, the harness holds it still in place. And your aware buddy will notice the open buckle and fix it.

Not true. Use a proper weight belt, put it on before you put on the harness. In this way even if the buckle of the weight belt fails, the harness holds it still in place. And your aware buddy will notice the open buckle and fix it.
Yes, that's one of the scenarios I want to prevent. No, a belt is no solution to me.

A temporary solution I made some time ago was tie-wrapping a weight pocket full of lead to the tank bands/bolts. It was ugly, but effective.

A temporary solution I made some time ago was tie-wrapping a weight pocket full of lead to the tank bands/bolts. It was ugly, but effective.
Yes as I test to find out where lead is missing this sounds good. And then I'd like to pack the final lead on my backplate.

One more idea: what about some lead ins drysuit's pockets? I guess 2x500 grams is enough. Not as elegant as v or p-weight but lead is closer to my feet so it will change trim more than on my (lower) back.
I have several dives with 1.5 kgs "plates" in drysuit pockets when adjusting weight. Obviously weight on feet needs "to be moved" but they fit quite ok in the "slate pocket"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom