Travel Agent Referral for France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now Amie wants to go to France... damn you... :wink:

Catherine
On the subject of wine, ask the locals. The major names are exported and expensive, but the French keep much of the best wine for themselves. Frequently a wine just outside a "posh" region is just as good as it's next door neighbour but at a fraction of the price. There are plenty of warehouse outlets where you can try loads of different wines from the region. If you go to the vineyard it is difficult to avoid the "Buy a case".
Provence is a hilly part of France, so loads of cardio exercise, a good chance to work off the great food and the odd glass of wine. The even glasses of wine are much more difficult to work off.

The major names are exported and expensive, but the French keep much of the best wine for themselves. Frequently a wine just outside a "posh" region is just as good as it's next door neighbour but at a fraction of the price.

Oh Victor ! This was a SECRET !!! You are not alowed to say it on the internet !:D

Damn English ! they know us !:lotsalove:

Having lived in France along the Cote d'Azur for a bit and still travel back to see friends and family let me ask a couple of questions. How long are you there for? Though you really want to take bikes I would personally skip taking them unless you will really be using them a lot. Like as in planning a bike tour for several weeks. Instead I would just plan on driving to a village and parking the car and exploring it on foot. Much simpler and but maybe not as much fun.

Getting from CDG into Paris with lots of luggage such as bikes will be a pain in the butt, a taxi will be expensive and not be able to take the bike so you will probably want to arrange for a van transport which I have no clue about. Using the Metro would work but you will need to schlep them through the airport. Then still get a taxi to your hotel.

If you really want to take your bikes I would instead fly into Nice. Smaller airport and there are direct flights from JFK. Getting from there to the train station is much easier. In fact, I would instead of going to Nice to catch the train go to Antibes (where I used to live) and catch the train. Again smaller station and all the major trains stop there. Take the train to Aix for your week. Then head up to Paris leaving the bikes in Aix and coming back and getting them and flying back from Nice. Or take them to Paris and fly back from there.

If you do not know any French learn some of the pleasantries. It will go a long ways. In Provence, they are used to those pesty Brits coming over so you will find folks who do not mind speaking a bit of english. But you have at least try to speak some French first. Even if it is bad French. This really goes for any foreign travel.

As how to use your AmEx miles - post up to FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community a great resource for travel and miles. When are you heading there? If during the summer, you can just about forget about using points/miles as those tickets get taken up very quickly typically as they are released 330 days in advance.

If you do not know any French learn some of the pleasantries. It will go a long ways. In Provence, they are used to those pesty Brits coming over so you will find folks who do not mind speaking a bit of english. But you have at least try to speak some French first. Even if it is bad French. This really goes for any foreign travel.
Cannot they speak English? I don't know, because I speak fluent French.

As how to use your AmEx miles - post up to FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community a great resource for travel and miles. When are you heading there? If during the summer, you can just about forget about using points/miles as those tickets get taken up very quickly typically as they are released 330 days in advance.

yes, that is a great site. Yes, we got tickets already with mileage. We leave in three weeks, I just got the tickets a few days ago.

I know, everyone everywhere is saying to skip the bikes, but we are going there to ride. That is a big reason we planned the trip. I guess I will contact the taxi co and try and get a van, maybe the concierge can help.

Now Amie wants to go to France... damn you...

well, come on then. We have a big house, pool and a tennis court. You don't mind our bikes in your lap, do ya?

I think I might try and DHL them to a friend near the house in Lourmarin, that would solve the Paris/taxi issue. *Are some companies Fed X, UPS a better deal for France-USA?*

I cannot imagine why the Queen did not want her hanging around the castle.

Can you please explain on the Queen part:confused:
Or is this the American look on Europe :rofl3:
The last Royalty in france was a King and they choped his head off.:11:

Brutal people in France:D

The last Royalty in france was a King and they choped his head off.
11.gif

Brutal people in France
04.gif

Ooooooooh come on ! This was an accident !:D
You should also know that every royalty were kings in France, that's why we had this 100 years long war against the english...:coffee: If the french had accept Alienor d'Aquitaine as a Queen, France and England would have been the same country...and Lafayette and Rochambeau would have been by Cornwallise's side...
Another world...:)

Ooooooooh come on ! This was an accident !:D

Accident :rofl3: yeah right...

Just a frase I found on the revolt. AKA revolution

the crowd, which continually called for aristocratic and royalist blood to be spilt.

An estimated 40,000 people travelled on the tumbrils through Paris to die under Madame Guillotine.

40.000 accidents :confused: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Accident yeah right...

I meant the Queen of England you dopes. I guess you don't see the news?
The Queen did not want him bringing her as a "lover-guest."

Some observers suggested that the sudden marriage was not simply the culmination of a "great romance", but also a sign of Mr Sarkozy's concern about possibly being a guest of the Queen with only a "live-in lover" to accompany him on his forthcoming state visit to Britain.

No "lovin" allowed at Buckingham Palace.

President Bling Bling is French.
The Queen is English.

I get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom