Travel Agent Referral for France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm amazed at the dialed in smart people here... Instant help, I love it.

I'll check all those. I am thinking since our trip is not straight through (two itineraries) HNL-Newark Newark -Paris, they might hit us for double fees, but I'll check today.

Yes, Lisa, I asked the Tri guys at Momentum. The cases alone are 300 dollars for each bike. But I do plan to check their forums, because I am sure they do this all the time, great call.

Continental Airlines accepts a non-motorized bicycle with single seat or up to two non-motorized bicycles packed in one case as checked baggage.
GREAT...we looked before and could not find this.

The laws are only guidelines so if you are confident anything goes.
My kind of place! We have some foam surf board roof carriers too...

It’s about 25 miles to Lourmarin from Aix en Provence, so a fair ride.
I was really hoping for FLAT, it looks pretty hilly! I think I was picturing Normandy....

Here's the link for the Sncf, the fast train is the tgv. If enter "bike" in the window "you're looking for", they explain you how to do.

SNCF.COM (Edit : I just notice that you know that link...)

Driving in France is much safer now, since 2 or 3 years.
Biking around Aix...well, you've got a good training don't you ?:D
Anyway, biking is more than popular in France and the people like these kind of travelers.

Try to avoid July and August, much too busy ( peak season), especialy in the south. You can check the train ticket's prices, you will see that it's cheeper in June or September. You should allso try to avoid to travel by train on the WE.

More and more people are speaking english here, and there are also more and more English people living in France, so...but it's always better to know about 100 words when you go in a foreign country. ( I could PM you my mobile phone number if you want, it could be helpfull for a translation ? hahaha, 'could be funny...)

Concerning the custom, I'm very surprised that you could have something to pay for the bikes !?!
Why not for your cameras, clothes and other stuffs in that case ?

Eventualy, I thought that you wanted to come in Normandy !
Too bad...:(
Anyway the South is great, and the weather is soooooooo much better there !

Welcome and Enjoy !

Here's the link for the Sncf, the fast train is the tgv. If enter "bike" in the window "you're looking for", they explain you how to do.

SNCF.COM

Biking around Aix...well, you've got a good training don't you ?:D
Anyway, biking is more than popular in France and the people like these kind of travelers.

Try to avoid July and August, much too busy ( peak season), especialy in the south. You can check the train ticket's prices, you will see that it's cheeper in June or September. You should allso try to avoid to travel by train on the WE.

More and more people are speaking english here, and there are also more and more English people living in France, so...but it's always better to know about 100 words when you go in a foreign country. ( I could PM you my mobile phone number if you want, it could be helpfull for a translation ? hahaha, 'could be funny...)

Concerning the custom, I'm very surprised that you could have something to pay for the bikes !?!
Why not for your cameras, clothes and other stuffs in that case ?

Eventualy, I thought that you wanted to come in Normandy !
Too bad...:(
Anyway the South is great, and the weather is soooooooo much better there !

Welcome and Enjoy !

( I could PM you my mobile phone number if you want, it could be helpfull for a translation ? hahaha, 'could be funny...)

yes, please, in case I have a problem with the *authorities* lol

I did want Normandy! I love it there. I wanted to ride that road by St Mont Micheal...with the sheep. Nobody offered us a free house though...

We do not know four words. (Man, the French people were so nice, I thought)

Oh we go in three weeks! Might still be chilly, huh?

WHY?

Biking around Aix...well, you've got a good training don't you ?
You mean, have I resigned myself to possibly being killed instantly? ...yea, almost.

We ride in heavy traffic, I have to follow "messenger boy" I just pray a lot or listen to monks chanting on my i-pod. (i-pod use is analagous to no pony bottle)

Because now, the laws and driving rules are not only guidelines...
The police is much more severe and then much more efficient !
10 years ago, about 8000 people were dying on the road each year, now, less than 4000...that is still to much of course

Oh we go in three weeks! Might still be chilly, huh?

Yes, you will have to be lucky...It's gonna be snowy this week end...:(

You mean, have I resigned myself to possibly being killed instantly? ...yea, almost.

We ride in heavy traffic, I have to follow "messenger boy" I just pray a lot or listen to monks chanting on my i-pod. (i-pod use is analagous to no pony bottle)

:rofl3:

No, I was just trying to say that, yes , it's quite hilly around Aix ( and that's why it's so nice ). So cardio training is usefull.

So cardio training is usefull.

Say no more. Not my strong suite.

have fun in the PI, jet setter!

Mummy ! Mummy ! Look at that ! Have you seen the way they call your son in America ?
:D

lol

You mean, you aren't just like Sarkozy?:14:

I luuuuuuuuv him. I bought a French bike for him. Does he care?

You mean, you aren't just like Sarkozy?
14.gif

We are quite different I think...I'm going on very well with the same woman since 23 years when he's changing every 3 years ! ( and maybe faster since he is President).:)

Yes Mummy ? Oh no, don't have any look : they are calling me Sarko yet...
:rofl3:

I luuuuuuuuv him. I bought a French bike for him. Does he care?

Be carefull ! He is an easy man !
He'd probably prefer a jogger than a biker I think...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom