Travel Agent Referral for France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to nitpick but I think the currency is the other way round, ie 1$ is .55€

oh...yea. I would just double everything and try not to think about it. We met some Aussies that said "now you know what it's like to be Australian" Our train from Paris to Provence cost more than out ticket from Honolulu to Paris.

Dennis, we rented some nice Cannondales, JB was making me crazy worrying about his bike getting damaged. We have a Look 555 and a Scott tri bike and he was losing sleep over them getting man-handled. We took out own pedals. It would have been tough in Paris, lugging those bikes around in those teeny taxis.

The French told us a lot of American jokes, they have a great sense of humor.

No, that is Juliper beer, on our drink and ride program. hey, I figured if the French cyclists don't wear helmets, I should be able to have a beer.

Oh, the coolest thing in Paris is you can rent bikes from a kiosk (like a luggage cart) and ride all over the city, in HUGE bike lanes and then return the bike somewhere else in the city. I read Washingto DC is starting that. Paris has the best bikes lines (their own little curbs even!) I have ever seen.

Glad to here you had a good time in France.
It is a beautiful country and the food is fatastic.
Not surprised you put on a few pounds, even wth the cycling.
Love the pictures of the market, wish I was there to do some food shopping.

Beautifull pics ( as usualy) Catherine !
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your trip, you should come back when the rate $/€ will be better for you, and maybe discover Normandy ?
Jupiler beer comes from belgium, the good french beers are quite rare...luckely, we have good neighbours ! :)

Oh, the coolest thing in Paris is you can rent bikes from a kiosk (like a luggage cart) and ride all over the city, in HUGE bike lanes and then return the bike somewhere else in the city. I read Washingto DC is starting that. Paris has the best bikes lines (their own little curbs even!) I have ever seen.

You HAVE to visit Neetherlands, and especialy Amsterdam !

Nice pics, Catherine! Honestly, I get along better with my French colleagues than the American ones. Most have very dry to arid sense of humors and I love that!

So, did you get sick from too much wine or bad food in the underground? We kept most of our dining to the Latin Quarter and a really nice restaurant down stream from the hotel. It was awesome! Auberge Etchegorry - Restaurant spécialités du Sud-Ouest Paris 13 Man, the cassoulet was just fabulous! I was addicted to the wine and cheese for dessert. I think that outing for about ten of us was @ $1500!

Quite right, I didn't like any of the French beer. My friend says the best beer in France is Belgium. I ended up drinking Heineken the entire trip.

Back
Top Bottom