Travel Agent Referral for France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, okay

this isn't a set-up is it?

*g* *G* *G* I got that part

Bonjour ( hello), ça va ?( how are you),s'il vous plait ( please) and merci (thank you ), might be enough.

Also :
où sommes-nous ? (where are we )
La vie est belle !( live is beautifull)
Miam ! C'est délicieux !(Wow ! It's delicious !)
Un autre verre Roger! Mais pas plus haut que le bord ! ( another glass ! but...no, forget it...) )
Putaing cong ! ( this interjection is very usefull in the south of france, and very rude in the north, don't forget to pronounce the "g" at the end, they could think you come from the north and then that you're unpolite...:D)
Vive la France ! (god bless America)
Allons enfants de la paaaaaatriiiiiiiiiiiieeee, le jour de gloire eeeeeeeeeeeest arrivééééééé ! ( if you can sing that one, everything should be OK)
Je n'ai pas voté pour M. Bush.
Je n'ai pas voté pour M. Sarkozy. (in case of...)
Peugeot ! ça c'est de la bagnole !
Oh non ! Encore une grève !
C'est pas possible !
C'est comme ça...
Live goes on...

Just learn my post and they'll think you're french...:)
You have fun! :D

okay printed your tips.

Congrats on that Tri Mix cert too.

Spratman, you were right. $$$$$$$:11:

Other than that *issue* it is woinderful though. I have not seen a spring in years and years.

collage-25.jpg

Spratman, you were right. $$$$$$$
11.gif

Other than that *issue* it is woinderful though. I have not seen a spring in years and years.

At the same time, it's less than cheap for us to travel around the world.

Were the people welcoming around Aix ?
Did you appreciate the wine ?
Can you sing "la Marseillaise" properly now ?
Did you have an adventure with Nico ?
Of course you've seen many springs ! It is just the moment between the21 of March and the 21 of June...usualy it's cold and rainy..I mean here, in Normandy...

The people were the best. Seriously, I loved them. very helpful, witty and funny. You know what I appreciated the most? They ask questions...unlike Americans who act like they already know everything.

The house was a 200 dollar cab ride, gulp. It was a big farmhouse with a pool and tennis courts but quite overgrown. Laundry that had been on the clothesline for a while. We were locked out, the shutters all locked tight. JB happened to find the keys in the BB cue...whew.
Owners sailing in Fiji.

Wood heat, a list of chores that we sort of ignored.

Beautiful farm! Cherries and vinyards. The lighting was breathtaking. Lourmarin is where we were.....took the high speed TGV into Aix Provence was our stop....

We cycled through the farmland, villages...just about as beautiful as it gets. People I would give an A plus. They really have it together in many many ways (although they don't seem to like my buddy Sarkozy)

Gas is about ten dollars a gallon, unless I calculated that wrong. Let's see...1.5 EU for a liter. 3.8 L in a gallon. 1 EU is .55 USD....can that be right? We kind of closed our eyes when we paid our bills, to be honest.

We did the Paris underground with a crazy Danish journalist. I was sick for a couple days after that.

We had a Peugot we drove to Marsielles. Over ten thousand boat slips...holy cow.

Basically, we did the drink and ride program on the bikes. Twenty miles...another beer. makes round-abouts more fun. Motorists very respectful of cyclists, thank you, universe.

No overwieght people, because the grocery stores are hardly ever open. We fasted almost 48 hrs because we were not clued in. I did gain about 8 pounds, for some reason. (oh...beer) The beef is the best I have ever tasted. (Grass fed, I guess)

We saw the Paris rescue divers doing drills, that was fun.

collage1.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

collage3.jpg

All we did was eat.

Spratman, you were right. $$$$$$$:11:

collage-25.jpg

Wow, you guys look like you're having a great time Catherine! Is that wine I see in your hand...:wink: Did you guys rent bikes or take yours?

Say hi to JB and thanks, now Amie wants to see France...:shakehead:

Gas is about ten dollars a gallon, unless I calculated that wrong. Let's see...1.5 EU for a liter. 3.8 L in a gallon. 1 EU is .55 USD....can that be right? We kind of closed our eyes when we paid our bills, to be honest.
Beautiful pics Catherine!
Not to nitpick but I think the currency is the other way round, ie 1$ is .55€

Nice pictures !

Yes, gas in Europe is very expensive.

Wow, you guys look like you're having a great time Catherine! Is that wine I see in your hand...:wink: Did you guys rent bikes or take yours?

Say hi to JB and thanks, now Amie wants to see France...:shakehead:
France is a beautiful country. Why not to go France?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom