Torquing HOG D1 DIN Inlet tube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm referring to this part:
DIN inlet.jpg

Can I use a deep 3/4" socket to torque it down instead of a 7mm hex key? The wrench flats seem kinda thin/flimsy. I wouldn't want to buy an extra long hex key just for this.

Thanks in advance!

As long as it allows the tube into it's recess, sure, why not? I use a twelve point box wrench with the reg in a vice and I tighten it carefully.

FWIW, with all the tools I own, I don't believe I own such a socket. Let me know the part number if you find such a beast.

One thing to watch when using a deep socket is to make sure that it does not have too much "rounding" on the end. My 3/4 and 13/16ths sockets did. They had a tendency to slip since the nut is so thin. A light dressing with a belt grinder took care of that nicely.

Reactions: Pao
One thing to watch when using a deep socket is to make sure that it does not have too much "rounding" on the end. My 3/4 and 13/16ths sockets did. They had a tendency to slip since the nut is so thin. A light dressing with a belt grinder took care of that nicely.

I see what you mean... Off to the sander then...

I'm referring to this part:
View attachment 385258

Can I use a deep 3/4" socket to torque it down instead of a 7mm hex key? The wrench flats seem kinda thin/flimsy. I wouldn't want to buy an extra long hex key just for this.

Thanks in advance!

A 19 mm socket might fit ever so slightly better than a 3/4".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom