Tired of DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninja

Reaction score
I know this will cause some crap but is anyone sick of the slogan "DIR" ????

I just find it funny that because I don't have GUE training but have all levels of TDI technical training I may be a stroke!!

And who cares if my backplate and wing are not Halcyon they are DIVERITE!!! And you know something it works flawlessly!! Don't get me wrong the Halcyon stuff is nice but my classic wind does not make me a stroke!!!

Most of my traing is of the HOGARTHIAN style wich is DIR with a stupid lame ass slogan attached to it!!!

DIR is giving me a headache!!

LEN

I think it depends on how you define stroke. I have heard it interpreted a couple of different ways...1) someone who does not dive DIR 2) "somebody with an unsafe attitude" -- straight from GI's mouth on the WKPP site.

That being said, as long as you are "safe" you should not be a stroke even though you may not be completely DIR.

HOWEVER, some might say that by NOT diving completely DIR you are not being SAFE and hence are a stroke.

Pass the Advil....I share your headache...

I hear you brother and feel your pain!

Shoot... I'm with you on this one...

It really chaps my hide to have folks tell me that their gear is *DIVERITE!!!*....

So what does that say to all the rest of us... huh?!?

Is our gear *DIVEWRONG* just because we didn't buy into your stinkin' religious experience with *DIVERITE!!!* ???

I feel your pain man....

You are killing me!

Too funny, I never thought about that before.

Didn't someone ask you the other day if you were actually George Carlin? I tend to agree.

As far as other comments on this topic, I will shut up for now.
UP and his friends found me too amusing for my own pleasure last time I chimed in on this same subject.

Suffice it to say, I know what you guys are saying. I agree and disagree. Nuff said

Ya got a point Uncle P.

Even I find that one funny!! I will say if it makes you feel any better I removed the pull dump cable and put a fixed no valve elbow in the wing!!:wink:

Len

All of this chatter is going to give me a comlpex. I may have to put bungies on my Halcyon. I agree there are so called" DIR Natzi's" but they're still better than DIW (doin it wrong) fascist.
Seriously, if we read between the lines of 'most' on this forum,the experience and wisdom is there for the taking. Thanks!:thumb: :band2: :music:

Hi ninja

I think pretty much as you do. All my tek training is TDI and my gear is Diverite and Poseidon stuff.

I would never change my Diverite Transpac or Jetsteam regs, because I'm quite happy with, despite the fact that i believe Halcyon is as good as DR.

Anyway I'm reading the "Doing It Right: The fundamentals of better diving" and I'm enjoying it. I do realize their system works well and I've adapted some things from their gear configuration to my rig. Of course, as you said, that makes me a stroke.

Sue

What I don't understand is why transform a diving attitude into a religious-like belief....

Why accusing the others (the vast majority) that don't dive DIR ? Try to educate them if you believe you are right...otherwise just dive and leave us alone...

Manogr

Sorry that some of you have had negative experiences with divers that are DIR.

Just to point out a couple of things...you don't have to have Halcyon gear or be GUE trained to be DIR and if you don't own any Halcyon gear or trained by someother agency doesn't make you a stroke.

The Fundamentals book is very good and I think that if you have the opportunity to read it you should, even if you aren't planning on being DIR, or that you think we are a diving cult, at least you will hopefully have a better understanding of things.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom