DIR- Generic "DIR Approved" Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't that obsoete? Nearly all the regs that I see are balanced.

And ''instantly accessable" only seems to apply to recreational dives. Plenty of back up regs hung on bailout bottles. And plenty of longhoses buried under a loop.

Ive got 2 minutes to get to my backup, once I donate my primary.
Not obsolete. Nothing has “happened” with reg tech in quite some time. It’s all slight variations of the same old stuff.

This is the DIR forum. We don’t have backup regs on bailout bottles. We have it on the left post of our backgas. Longhose under loop is for the RB80 config and it’s not a surprise when someone is about to need to be donated to.

You can hold your breath for 2 mins, but I think you’d feel a bit different in an actual emergency situation. That’s a long time.

Ive got 2 minutes to get to my backup, once I donate my primary.
Not sure I understand you here, you can hold your breath for 2 minutes while searching for your backup? Holly BC.

No. Just that there's no hurry to get to my secondary after donating my primary. Last time, I took the time to cast a smile at my buddy to calm her down.

If I had to pull my 2nd from a slung bottle, no big deal.

My 2nd is on a necklace. But Im starting to see why the sidemount and rebreather guys dont bother with that anymore.

If I had to pull my 2nd from a slung bottle, no big deal. My 2nd is on a necklace. But Im starting to see why the sidemount and rebreather guys dont bother with that anymore.

Quite a generalization there. Plenty of rebreather divers run a bailout reg on a necklace….I run a long hose on my left bottle…and a short hose necklaced on my right. The only person that gets to breathe my right tank is me…might as well necklace it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom