The natural progression of SB threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many divers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just 2, but they must be really teeny tiny divers.

Last edited:
XS-NRG:

Sounds like you just completed the PADI ScubaBoard Posting Specialty. How much did you pay for it? $200, would you say it was worthwhile or does NAUI or SSI offer a better program?
ne_nau.gif

More importantly, will this specialty count toward PADI's Master Diver rating? Does this rating mean anything (such as an incentive to pursue training to meet requirements to get it)? Is it worth the $50 to get the cert. card? Shouldn't the diver instead pursue Naui's Master Diver program, which is an actual course? And does the use of the term 'Master Diver' in recreational programs constitute an insult to those holding the 'Master Diver' rank in the Navy? Shouldn't the term be reserved for 'Shaolin monk type divers' at the pinnacle of their craft? Are cave divers good enough, or will it be divers who ace GUE Fundamentals?

People gripe about wasting $50 to get the card, but if time is money, may waste more than $50 worth of time arguing page after page against someone else doing it!

Richard.

XS-NRG:

More importantly, will this specialty count toward PADI's Master Diver rating? Does this rating mean anything (such as an incentive to pursue training to meet requirements to get it)?

Yes it does count towards your Master Rating and is cross compatible between agencies so I'm told, although you will need to write an equivalency test if you wish to cross over. That cost will be another $200.

My Spanish is horrible, but I do kiss Cuban.

Is kissing Cuban anything like kissing Australian (same as a French Kiss but down under :wink: )

The next step in the "natural progression" will take this thread to the Surface Interval, where the vegemite babe is allowed.

The next step in the "natural progression" will take this thread to the Surface Interval, where the vegemite babe is allowed.

I'm pretty sure this thread would end up there regardless of the vegemite babe!

We all have to shut up now so this thread can die for the next 6 months in order to be revived with a "here's my take on it" post that isn't relevant anymore because the OP completed whatever they asked about or stopped looking at the board 3 minutes after somebody answered their question. (OP, since you didn't ask a question or reference something that can be completed, you are allowed to stay on the board for longer than 3 minutes :wink:)

And dare I say it? This thread needs a Warhammer reference.

Vegemite tastes like mommy's kisses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom