My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, you folks have scared me now. I have leftover Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Apap/codeine that I quit taking at various times but held onto. I think I need turn these in at the pharmacy for proper disposal.

Pete, work with your doctor and ask him for nonopioid meds.
The hospital where I had my hip replacement (HSS in NYC) gave me these packets to use to dispose of any unused meds - easy to use and saved me trying to find a pharmacy with a drop off for unused meds (as not all have drop offs) and a trip there!

Medication Disposal Packets - DisposeRx, Inc.

Keep them keep them all for when you really need help and no body wants to help you

Wow, that was a roller-coaster read: thanks! I think...

Opioids took my son's life. He was self-medicating for back pain. The pain doctor prescribed NarCan "just in case". Ergo, I want a pain killer that is not an opioid but that will not interact with Eliquis in such a way that I could bleed out. I've only got a week or so of Eliquis left to take, but then the bones react negatively with most of those NSAIDs too. I think I have to avoid them for 6 weeks, so that's another 2 or 3 weeks away. Thursday will be the fourth week. Unless there's a miracle, I'll just suck it up as I have done for the last few days.

The grand-poopage event is not quite over. Sigh. There was a clean-up needed in the bathroom last night. My nephew is an angel. A lot of effs were given. Here, I thought I was out.

I did my first walk at 3am today. Woke up at 1, and just could not get comfortable. Walking actually helped with the pain. Kind of counter-intuitive, but maybe that's a viable solution my PT has been hitting me with. I went back to bed at 4 and woke a bit after 7. Cool. About to do walk #2 for the day. 4 is the goal.

No kidding. It seems crazy how casual some healthcare providers are about prescribing opiates. A few years back I had impacted wisdom teeth extracted and the oral surgeon gave me a script for oxycodone on my way out the door. WTF dude? (I never filled it.)

Yeah, there is a reason Sackler family is considered the worst drug cartel in history. Back 10-15 years ago the dentist would give me a 20-pill bottle of oxy after a root canal and tell me to call them if I need more... I remember taking a half for the first time and feeling the unmistakable tingle of the warm-and-fuzzy: hello, heroin.

I don't think they do that anymore though.

Dang, you folks have scared me now. I have leftover Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Apap/codeine that I quit taking at various times but held onto. I think I need turn these in at the pharmacy for proper disposal.

Pete, work with your doctor and ask him for nonopioid meds.
Throw and party at your house and one of your guests will steal them for you. Problem solved!

Yet another milestone, this time at the local grocery store, Scaffs. 14 minutes on my feet, using their buggy as my walker. Last time I tried this at Winn Dixie, I made it inside only to realize that discretion was the better part of valor. I called my outing and went sat in the car, instead. The ramp was its own issue. I wasn't ready to negotiate it on wheels. I did way OK with the ramp at Scaffs today. I guess I learned that skill well enough.

1719331886286.png

I don't think I've been able to wear that shirt since I moved here. Plenty left to lose, and I'm dedicated to growing wrinkles over the next few months.

Plenty left to lose, and I'm dedicated to growing wrinkles over the next few months.
I wonder if you could register as a skin donor?

I wonder if you could register as a skin donor?
My skin is still pretty flexible with no stretch marks that I see on others. Time will tell.

Dang Pete! You lost a lot of weight! Congrats!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom