My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow Pete! I just came across your posts. What a saga, I am so sorry to hear that you have been dealing with so much pain for such a long time. It sounds like the surgery was needed, and it sounds like you are making great healing progress. Keep it going, keep strong and positive as I know you will. I look forward to diving and hanging with you again. All good thoughts to you!
Thanks... First my leg, and then my back!

4th week since surgery. Still having lots of pain, but mobility continues to improve.

Many, many thanks to all my supportive friends, here and elsewhere. 11 days to the appointment with my surgeon and maybe the back will be healed enough to go splash!!!

Home care has discharged me completely. Cool. I'm completely in charge of my continued healing, and I feel really good about it. Cats have been cuddly, including head bumps from Olaf. He so wants affection, but's still deathly afraid of it. Watching the weekly installation of the "Rum Wench" on YouTube this early am. Progress.

I like Olaf. Sounds like the kind of cat who asks you for belly rubs and then fwaps you with his front paws and tears your hand to shreds.
You pegged him. He's the second white cat with one blue eye and one green eye that I've been associated with. Petunia was my childhood cat and we learned about life together. He was awesome! Olaf is awesome in his own right. He's the defender of the porch and chases all the other strays away.

Yet another milestone, this time at the local grocery store, Scaffs. 14 minutes on my feet, using their buggy as my walker. Last time I tried this at Winn Dixie, I made it inside only to realize that discretion was the better part of valor. I called my outing and went sat in the car, instead. The ramp was its own issue. I wasn't ready to negotiate it on wheels. I did way OK with the ramp at Scaffs today. I guess I learned that skill well enough.

I don't think I've been able to wear that shirt since I moved here. Plenty left to lose, and I'm dedicated to growing wrinkles over the next few months.
Pete, you’ve got the Burl Ives look going on!

You pegged him. He's the second white cat with one blue eye and one green eye that I've been associated with. Petunia was my childhood cat and we learned about life together. He was awesome! Olaf is awesome in his own right. He's the defender of the porch and chases all the other strays away.
White cats with blue eyes are usually deaf.. One green eye, I dunno..
Had a white cat with blue eyes. Once I learned that she was deaf, everything suddenly made sense..

White cats with blue eyes are usually deaf.. One green eye, I dunno..
Had a white cat with blue eyes. Once I learned that she was deaf, everything suddenly made sense..
Like the other hooligans, he comes to my whistle. In fact, he's often the first one to the porch. BTW, can they really be considered cats if they answer to a whistle??? My favorite thing is in the middle of the night, is to get Echo to turn on the front light for 5 minutes and then whistle for the hooligans. Olaf would usually get there first, then he would swat at the others as they made it onto the porch like a game of tag. All the hooligans slip inside, except Olaf. He waits for me to go in first, and then after a minute or two, follows in as I almost always feed them. Sometimes, it's the only way to get Djinni Lu inside since she is so shy around others. Recently, she's actually come into the room with Ethan present and stayed. Actually, so has Olaf. It's all good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom