The natural progression of SB threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The big issue that everyone has been dancing around is the reference to the so called Natural Progression. I am really surprised that no one has brought it up because the OP should have learned this in his Open Thread training. When I teach my Open Thread course, even though it is not in the manual for OT, we take time each day to go over thread planning. Students come to realize quick that the progression of a SB thread is not natural at all, but based on a combination of Avogadro's Number, the quadratic equation and the original Navy Dive tables.

All you people are gonna get carpal tunnel syndrome if you don't use proper thread planning, take my Advanced Open Thread course followed by emoticon usage 1 and emoticon usage 2. However, each of student must have at least 100 posts between each course and a minimum of 3 thread starters that goes a minimum of 10 pages each between any of my courses. No zero to banned by mod here. :D

If you want to buy any of the gear that is necessary for these Thread Courses I teach, just ask and I'll send you a PM. :coffee:

Has it been long enough now to add that eventually somebody will be surfing/browsing SB 3 or 4 years after the last post in a thread and will respond to the Original post causing many Zombie pictures to be posted and shots to be taken at the person that posted to the 4 year dormant thread? Too early? I'll come back to this one in a couple years then :wink:.

Reactions: Jax
However, each of student must have at least 100 posts between each course and a minimum of 3 thread starters that goes a minimum of 10 pages each between any of my courses.

What's the minimum length for a post to count? Is '+1' good enough, or must I contribute to the discussion? Do I need the thread starter to 'Like' my post to log it, or can anyone, or will you just take my word for it I've made that many posts? Is a written print-out of my posts necessary or will online do?

Richard.

What's the minimum length for a post to count? Is '+1' good enough, or must I contribute to the discussion? Do I need the thread starter to 'Like' my post to log it, or can anyone, or will you just take my word for it I've made that many posts? Is a written print-out of my posts necessary or will online do?

Richard.

Don't forget to have one of the moderators sign your log book ... otherwise it doesn't count ...

... Bob (Grateful DIver)

Reactions: Jax
...the bulb has to WANT to change.

bulb.jpg

Can I do the Open Thread course online?

DIR is finally online? 'bout time! (But, you will need a backplate suitable for redundant laptops . . .)

Richard.
Notarized please.

First you have to get a open post cert. Before that you are just a post snorkeler.
After open post you can get an advanced post cert. This will allow you to begin arguing in the advanced forums.
If you want to become a post master you have to have at least 60 posts (what a joke) and you have to serve an internship where you come to the rescue of newbie posters getting flamed by some of the regulars, it's a humanatarian mission. You are graded on how well you keep your head and help them out of the situation. No matter how silly and clueless they seem you MUST stick with them and make sure they survive.
There is also a post rescue portion in there that teaches all this.
After graduating your PM you can then lead posts around and even start threads for money but you can't teach yet.

Just remember, it's not the forum it's the instructor.

Personally, I'm an old school poster. I don't like any of the emoticons or other such frivolous trappings. I think they are a failure point and a crutch.
I believe in pure posting, just text and no silly symbols to add drag and slow down an otherwise sleek and fast post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom