The latest trend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was up at Dive Tech the other day and ended up discussing the masks at some length. I guess when worn by "normal-sighted" people they seem to have about a -4 diopter refraction - hence the 'clip-on/flip-down' lenses as modelled by Doppler above.

Hm, normally I'm -5.5/-4.75 - guess I could almost use them without any corrective contacts!

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in them - plus they're not exactly low volume from teh looks of things.

Twister:
Does this mean that Bubbles ( Trailer Park Boys ) can dive now?

We were out diving in the harbour this winter and that goofy ******* went screaming by us at 60' looking for shopping carts down there.... freediving no less... he had duct tape around his glasses to keep the water out, it seemed to work ok.

SeaYoda:
I use the mask and it works great. I don't use the lens you have in your picture, it is for correcting the nearsightedness you have when your not under water with the mask. I see OK without the lens (I've been nearsighted since high school). For me it is DIR because I've gotten the best viz of all the masks I've tried. I wish it could work easier for those who are not nearsighted but the physics of lenses won't allow it. I even wear a pair of contacts while diving that make me more nearsighted so that I match the mask better - I have that need for reading glasses thing :D . Attached are a couple of mug shots of me with the mask. I wouldn't trade it for any mask I've seen.

LOL - dude, um - with respect, if you're going to make a claim that something is "DIR for you" maybe you don't want to include those pictures.

Boogie711:
LOL - dude, um - with respect, if you're going to make a claim that something is "DIR for you" maybe you don't want to include those pictures.
To do it right you need to know what right is. Some peoples right turns out to be in left field in another ball park :wink: .

Tom R:
'round here, we call thats "Quazzi-DIR" sorta like kissing your sister, sure it feels right but it's not the real thing even if she's the best kisser in town.
Call me Quazzi-moto, it works for me.

Never even thought of kissing my sister like that :11: :D . How did we get on that subject from the original question of what the funny looking corrective lenses were all about?

Thanks for the DIRighteous judgements on my gear according to the laws of GUE-ness, but I'm fine thanks.

Seriously, I enjoy the discussions you guys have and will continue to practice everything that I find applicable to me. Thanks for pushing the frontiers.

Tom R:
'round here, we call thats "Quazzi-DIR" sorta like kissing your sister, sure it feels right but it's not the real thing even if she's the best kisser in town.

I ain't even touching that one bud!

Now if'n ya wanna talk kissin' cousins,....now that was always fun. I've just checked with my Pennsyltucky brethren, and they swear that kissing your sister IS the real McCoy.

hehehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom