The latest trend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa

Contributor
Reaction score
Doppler models someone's idea of the latest and greatest mask ever. Can anyone tell me what the additional lenses on the front are for? This is a HydroOptix mask (the kind people with normal vision need contacts to use)... have never tried one but I'm guessing they just might not be DIR.

I use the mask and it works great. I don't use the lens you have in your picture, it is for correcting the nearsightedness you have when your not under water with the mask. I see OK without the lens (I've been nearsighted since high school). For me it is DIR because I've gotten the best viz of all the masks I've tried. I wish it could work easier for those who are not nearsighted but the physics of lenses won't allow it. I even wear a pair of contacts while diving that make me more nearsighted so that I match the mask better - I have that need for reading glasses thing :D . Attached are a couple of mug shots of me with the mask. I wouldn't trade it for any mask I've seen.

Does this mean that Bubbles ( Trailer Park Boys ) can dive now?

Marvintpa:
Doppler models someone's idea of the latest and greatest mask ever. Can anyone tell me what the additional lenses on the front are for? This is a HydroOptix mask (the kind people with normal vision need contacts to use)... have never tried one but I'm guessing they just might not be DIR.
It's most definitely a rule 6 violation!!! :11:

b.

Can you play those old "view master" slides in that thing?

Marvintpa:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom